• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

National Birth Records

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
I've noticed that people are referring to the National Birth Records in their postings, and that they are now avaliable to view on line. Can anyone let us know where these are to be viewed? I've googled it and it just refers me to the old sites, and I don't want to spend money and receive nothing new. Give us a clue?
Lynda

mah

master brummie
Lynda l would also like to know where to view national birth records so hope someone comes up with the information. Think l may have posted this before, but my grandmother Eva married a Goode and her sister Emma married a Harvey,dont know if this ties up with names you are reseaching.Margaret.

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
Thanks for the info Bo. I thought as much. Have gone for a free 14 day trial with ancestry to get what I wanted.
Margaret. My husbands mother was Dorothy Evelyn Goode, and his Dad was Sid Harvey. In family history I've found the Goodes all over the place. Haven't got an Eva connected though.
Best wishes
Lynda

:)

Bojalu

master brummie
Linda,

Did you give your credit card details ?

If you have given your credit card details for your 14 day free trial , remember to cancel after trial, otherwise you may find that a 6 month or yearly subscription will be taken from your bank account.

Two people I know cancelled yet money was still withdrawn. They did eventually get their money back.

If you do cancel keep a copy of cancellation.

I do not think that this is a deliberate act on thier part.

Bo

Eric Gibson

master brummie
Linda,

Did you give your credit card details ?

If you have given your credit card details for your 14 day free trial , remember to cancel after trial, otherwise you may find that a 6 month or yearly subscription will be taken from your bank account.

Two people I know cancelled yet money was still withdrawn. They did eventually get their money back.

If you do cancel keep a copy of cancellation.

I do not think that this is a deliberate act on thier part.

Bo

Oooooooooooooh yes it is!:) E.

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
Will make sure I cancel in good time. Have used ancestry for many years, and paid for the privalage. I find their info very useful, but soooo expensive.
Lynda

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
Will check on that. We live in the middle of no where, and have to depend on husband to take me to town. Thats why the computer has been such a blessing????
Love where we are, but no bus service as is often the case in rural Wales. Got a bus pass, but no bus.
Must count our blessings though
Lynda
:)

Phoebe

Half a Brummie
Have used ancestry for many years, and paid for the privalage. I find their info very useful, but soooo expensive.
It's only the price of a Sunday newspaper, that's how I look at it. I just stopped getting a paper every Sunday, and I don't miss it.

W

Wendy

I agree Phoebe I cancelled all my papers and feel better for it. I think it's good value for the info they hold. All hobbies cost money.:):)

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
I don't smoke, don't drink(Well not often) don't have any newspapers except the radio times, in fact I've got nothing to laugh at at all. Do love my computer and broadband and Birmingham History. Have belonged to Ancestry for 5 years but as soon my subscription expires I find something else I want to know. Also have friends who say 'Will you look this up for me please?' and I get a great deal of pleasure looking back at peoples relatives for them and producing family trees. Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. Thats the best of belonging to another worthy site.
Lynda

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
hi guys
please forgive me if i have put this in the wrong section
and as one is discussing births
i was thinking along the lines of a child being born and being
registerd by names ,and that is what i would really wnt to know
to be truthful is , if a child was born by christian name DAISY
would that be a complete name or is it a nick name or a short
abbreviation of the name
i am asking the question because i amresearching the name
before i put pen to paper
once again i thank you all for your valuable time
best wishes astonian ;;;;;

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
Hi Lyn,

I have a Daisy and that was her forename registered at birth. I can't imagine any other version of this forename.

Maurice :cool:

maggieuk

The Fairybrain of Brum
Hiya Astonian
Hope your ok ..I had the same problem when i was researching the name Polly I found out it was a common nick name for someone called Mary Ann..
Just found this on google for the name Daisy

Name derived from daegeseage, but simply means "daisy," a white flower. Has been used as a nickname for Margaret in France, where the flower is a "marguerite.

Take Care
Maggie

D

Darthdc

The central library has the GRO records on microfilm too - sometimes quicker than a computer - especially if you know who you are looking for