• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nan And Grandad Of Chocks2

chocks2

master brummie
This is a picture I aquired last night from my Mom. It's my Nan and Grandad on their wedding day in 1932 at Aston Parish Church. Sadly my Grandads life was cut short when TB took him in 1935 aged only 25 years.
My only reason for sharing this picture with you is because I'm so proud to own it. Although I was priviledged enough to have know my Nan, this is the first time I've ever seen a picture of of my Grandad and I was quite moved when given it.
My grandad is buried in Witton Cemetary and although I only work about 100 yds away from there I've never even seen his grave. So next week that will be my priority.
Aren't photographs a godsend?

CCF100412_00005.jpg

chocks what a lovely photograph, something to treasure and pass on to your family. I can fully understand why you were emotional when you saw the photo. I have felt the same when given photo's of family I never knew. I remember the first time I saw a photo of my grandfather I felt the same. I now have photo's of both my grandfathers and the grandmother I never knew as I was born after they died. As you say there is something special about actually seeing them. Good luck in finding your granddad's grave keep us updated.

I'll do that Wendy. I have a rough Idea where the grave is and I do know his name so it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

What a great photo Chocks,and how sad your grandaddied so young. My grandad died of TB too, in 1943, aged only 41, I never knew him and there are no wedding pics of him and my nan, as they had a shotgun wedding and couldn't afford photos.
I hope you find your grandads grave, thats one of the things on my list to do as well!
Sue

This is a lovely photo Chocks. They look so happy, some wedding pictures are so solemn. I hope you find a grave, most of "mine" have been moved or are in public graves.
rosie.

Thats a lovely photo Chocks. Yours to treasure for evermore. Good luck in locating your Grandads resting place. It would be a sin to work so close to it, and not look for it. Best of luck.

Back