• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Mystery Wedding Photo?

Alf

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
Came across this photo in my bits & bobs today.

I believe that I see a Aunt in the shot back row facing end right.

Snow on the ground I think it is late 1940s from the dress.

There are your clues :)
View attachment 30749

Great photo Alf. I'm wondering if it could be a little earlier, Perhaps mid forties, or even early 40's. There's a chap in uniform.

Ann

Thanks Ann, the man in the uniform looks like a Uncle who was in the RAF and the lads look like his Children one Born 1939. I'm trying to find an e-mail address for him you know what its like mislaid it got his address if all fails I'll have to send a copy by snail mail.

Stands a good chance of being mid forties then, Alf. My husband was born in '39 and also thinks mid '40's from the boys' outfits.
Now all you have to do is remember how to use a pen and lick a stamp!

Ann

OB I've heard about it but I can't get a stamp it costs £4.00 return Bus Fare for my partner to post a letter as they closed our Post Office in February and the last year it won Shop of the year Suffolk.:(

Alf,

Sorry about your post office. As far as my little quip is concerned it proves that 'Many a true word is spoken in jest'

look after yourself. - Old Boy

Back