• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Mystery Door

smithsquared

Brummie Once Removed
Thought you guys might like a challenge, attached photo is of my mother, taken in about 1938, somewhere in England (possibly Wales). It is a very distinctive carved wooden door but I don't have a clue where it is, does anyone recognise it?

I cant help you with the location but what a lovely photo, I'm sure someone may be able to help.

Just killing time, between hospital visits for the family. spent 10 hours at East Birmingham with the Granson & now its Good Hope to see our sons Partner.
these thing are sent to try us.
Have no clue re that DOOR?

Mystery solved (it hasn't changed much in 70 odd years), and now I have all these other gates to go and look at!

Thanks

Just for completeness, my mother was the one on the left who married a Brummie in 1948. Second from the left is her best friend who married my mother's cousin and her sister married my mothers brother. I have checked, it's not illegal but does explain the webbed feet! Just kidding!
Thanks again for the help,
Bob

Just for completeness, my mother was the one on the left who married a Brummie in 1948. Second from the left is her best friend who married my mother's cousin and her sister married my mothers brother. I have checked, it's not illegal but does explain the webbed feet! Just kidding!
Thanks again for the help,
Bob
It's a lovely photo Bob and thanks for posting it. I was like Jean searching but not a clue really :rolleyes: I am glad you now know where it is. I think it's lovely they are related by marriage.:)

They were other ones its just remembering them Jean, if you don't you can get mixed up, surely you remember what you post, I do:)

Alfie you have a better memory than me then. I can't remember the thousands of photo's that members post I am afraid but certain ones ring bells. Well better get off before we are off topic. Jean.

Back