• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Myers Family

Dazza

Brummie babby
Hi all, this is my first post coming from Adelaide, Australia. Chasing any information about parents and brothers names for Vincent William Myers born 1920 Birmingham. He left for Australia in 1956 with his wife and 5 Children. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Daz

welcome daz

this looks like your family.

vincent j myers married maud f b thompson in 1919 jul-sep aston 6d 1407

births to this couple vincent w myers 1920 apr-jun aston

charles t myers and ralph j myers 1921 oct-dec aston

irene myers 1923 jul-sep aston

there is also another one much later so may not be yours but mothers maiden name is thompson

paul myers 1952 oct-dec birmingham

Last edited:
there are these two births

vincent james myers born 1896 jul-sep aston

maud frances b thompson born 1897 jul-sep dudley staffs

in 1911 living 25 erskine street, bham

martin myers 49 pickler
mary ann myers 45
catherine myers 21 restaurant waitress
vincent james myers 14 lathe hand
charles edward cameron son-in-law 23 gen lab. motor car works
anne cameron 24
edward john cameron 3

all born bham martin and mary ann had been married 25 yrs and had had just the 3 children.

this could be maud and family in 1911

living 20 braybrook st. west bromwich
george thompson widower 45 bricklayer iron works b. west brom.
rose thompson 20 clerk builders merchants
gertrude thompson 18
clara thompson 15
maud thompson 13 shop asst.
george thompson 8
william thompson 6
walter thompson 4
florence thompson 11 all b. staffs

or could be this one living 666 bordesley green bham

walter thompson 46 iron worker stamper b. bilston staffs
sarah 48
walter 21 brass worker
lawrence 16 tinplate worker
sidney 15 printers errand boy
maud 12
gladys 9
all born bilston except gladys born bham.

married 22 yrs 6 children but 1 had died

the family lived 25 erskine rd. till 1920
in 1922 37 loxton st.
in 1925 24 tranter rd.
in 1930 7 cranbury st.
in 1935-1939 16 cradock rd.
in 1945 174 saint saviours rd.
in 1950 101 foley rd.

in 1950 vincent w myers and mary myers were living 64 foley rd.

Last edited:
vincent w myers married mary gameson in 1940 bham and as you said they had 5 children between 1941 to 1952

thank you so much, i am very greatful for your time and effort. I have been told of possible names and they fit in with what you have found. Thanks again, Daz.

Hi Daz,

Vicent William was indeed the son of Vincent James Myers, who was my Great Grandmothers Annie Myers Brother. His father in turn was Matrin Myers & his father before was also Martin Myers who was born in Ireland. My Cousin & I have just got details of where's he's burried and are going to go and find it shortly. We are still working on where in Ireland he came from there is a possibility from his wife's family that it was West Port in County Mayo but we're yet to find supporting evidence for same.

If you go on ancestry.com and look for me LisaMary's Tree (Cameron) you will find more information about the family. their wife's names & maiden names etc. cause there's too much to type here. As I say you will need to go to my Great Grandmother Annie Myers Cameron on my fathers side and then show her siblings to get to Vincent.

Vincent J was a bit of a boozer I'm afraid. But his wife Maud, who was a very large lady, apparently made the most amazing trifles (according to my Dad) it was the highlight of family parties & christmas for him.

You've also answerd a mystery because my Dad remeber's them departing and I remember my Grandfather mentioning them when I was small but we couldn't find any links to "who" it was whether it was a Cameron or Myers that had actually emigrated.

You will also find our Myers in other tree's on ancestry they are generally owned by decendents of various children of Annie Myers

Best Wishes

Lisa

Back