• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

My Wife Doreen

cookie273uk

master brummie
Doreen_in_Pula_(2)~0.JPG
normal_Doreen_in_Pula_(2)~0.JPG
This is a painting of my late Wife Doreen, painted from a sketch I drew of her whilst on holiday in Pula, Yugoslavia (as was) in the 80s. I do not do many portraits, but was pleased with this one because I obtained a good likeness. It is framed and at the side of my bed

Last edited:
Cookie,

It is a very good painting and you had a beautiful wife. No doubt you miss her especially at this time of the year. God Bless

Old Boy

Another beautiful painting although I know this one is extra special. She has a lovely happy face and kind eyes. My very best wishes to you Eric. xx

I would agree Christmas is indeed a sad time if you have lost someonne who you have shared many years, good and bad with. I think, despite what you read in the
papers that most men deep down are ,as Cole Porter put it "One Gal guys I know that i certainly never looked at another woman in the 54 years I was married to
Enid which is why when one goes, its so sad for the other person. I dont think it will ever get any better, I honestly dont, bye Bernard

A delightful painting Eric and looks like a delightful lady sadly who is missed especially so at this time of year

Eric, what a lovely work of art out of love, a wonderful tribute to your wife.

Graham.

Eric. never having met your lady wife I wouldn't know if it is a good likeness but if it is she must have been a lovely woman.

Stitcher, although I say it my self it is an excellent likeness, portraiture is not my forte but I succeeded that time, she would have been in her fifties at the time in the 80s. She has been gone nearly 12 years now and is still sorely missed. Eric

Eric,
You say that portraits are not your forte and who knows you may be right but this one was obviously painted with love and affection and guess what... it worked perfectly.
Have a great Christmas and don't forget that Doreen is still with you , in your heart.:wave:

Back