• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My TV debute.......oh dear!

W

Wendy

A friend sent this today and I nearly died:D Some things you do in your youth you try to forget, and I didn't win much:D

[ame="https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu-wOUCZ4lU"]YouTube - The Price Is Right 1st UK episode 1984[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike you old smoothy you!

Mrs T, I won a state of the art cerca1980 spice cabinet which I have to say was used to death! My friends and family love to mention I won a spice cuboard...........they never shut up about it!:redface:

Jean I think it was the same one although I am not sure. It was the first show and our club got an invite. We were told to shout and wave our arms if we were chosen, as it was the first show in the UK they wanted it to be good. One girl who was picked just walked down so they cut it and she didn't get a chace to win a prize. This show gave away some amazing prizes Cars, Speed Boats,Exotic Holidays........so I decided I would shout. We have an old video of the show which my son's used to put on and roll aroud the floor laughing!

Wendy, talk about things coming back to haunt us! Great video...I have never won anything of importance needless to say. Went to a "Beauty Without Cruelty" Conference with my Mom at the Friends Meeting House in Brum in 1972 whilst on a visit. I won a small prize in the raffle...some knitting wool. I can't knit for toffee. I pretended I was happy though. :):)

which one were you Wendy:D

Lovely to see Leslie Crowther again

Last edited:
You are such a tease Alfie!

Yes Leslie Crowther was a lovely man and such a professional I feel privileged to have met him.

That's brilliant, Wendy..!
Here's a picture of me as an extra in the first series of 'Life On Mars'

I had to put the arrow in because some bloke called Gene Hunt was stood in front of me! :angry2:

Back