• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My Trifid.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
I have never been able to grow ferns before but this one has gone wild but won't cut it as it was a mothers day gift four years ago. Lets have a look at yours folks?. It has sharp thorns on it which surprises me. Have watered it since this photo and the green plants are now standing up. TTFN. Jean.

Careful Jean, it looks capable of taking you over.:)

We don't have a fern, got some lovely orchids. I'll take a photo and put it on later.

Di it survived a nasty accident while Pete was carrying the steps past. He caught the fern and the lot came tumbling down and it's lovely home smashed. I quickly bought another pot popped it in and it has recovered. One small original plant died though. I think it has thrived because our central heating packed up a couple of years ago and we now have a new one installed. If it starts to flag in the winter I will move it to a cooler room. Bye. Jean.

Looks like an asparagus fern Jean. One of my favourites, as a sprig sets off fresias so well. You're right, it may not like it so much with the new central heating. I used to like to keep a fern in the bathroom. I must try that again.

Ann

Ann every other fern through the years has turned brown and shed it's whatever you call them by I am well proud of this one. We took it to the van and I think it sulked so brought it back to Brum sharpish. Ann does the asparagus fern have pricky things on it only this one has?. Jean.

Jean,

I didn't know, so have just googled it. It says danger points are, parts of the plant are poisonous if ingested, and has spines with sharp edges.
So don't get adding it to your salad!

Ann

Back