• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

My Sad Loss

oldMohawk

gone but not forgotten
My wife Penny passed away during the early evening on Wednesday 23 March. I held her as
she died peacefully in her sleep. She had Motor Neurone Disease. We had been married for
43 years and she was 11 years younger than me. I've found comfort being part of this
friendly forum during the time I cared for Penny over the past 2 years.
Phil
Penny-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Phil, I really don't know what to say, except that we are all here for you whenever you need us.
Theres a new star in the skies tonight.
Keep the faith, Brother.

Phil, so sorry to hear of your sad loss, but glad that the forum has given you some comfort and hopefully will still help you - there is always someone here who will "chat" with you when you are feeling low.
Regards, Sue

Phil, I am so sorry to hear that your wife has passed away. My thoughts are with you at this very sad time.

Please accept my condolences, my thoughts are with you

Phil
So sorry to hear of your sad loss. She looked a lovely woman. I hope we will see our loved ones again in good health and thoughts are with you and family at this sad time.
Lynda

So sorry to hear your sad news of Penny's loss, Old Mohawk, my deepest condolences to you.

Phil,

That's terribly sad news and my thoughts are with you at this time. R.I.P. Penny

Maurice

Hi Phil - so sorry to hear of your loss. Yes a forum such as this is can be a great help and comfort at such times. I was a member of another forum when my first wife died and found it extremely supportive.

Regards

Bernard

Phil I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Your friends are here for you whenever you need them.

Dear Phil: Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you on your very sad loss. R.I.P. Penny

Old Mohawk, Al and I are so sorry to hear of your sad loss, we send our deepest sympathies. Miriam and Al

So sorry to hear of your loss, may the love and memories that you shared bring you peace.

Tydavnet (Dympna)

so very sorry phil to hear of the loss of your dear wife penny...my deepest condolances to you and the family at this sad time and please dont forget we are always here for you....

lyn

Back