• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

MY MOM.

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
MY MOM.
MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU ALWAYS.
SAD IS THE HEART THAT LOVED YOU.
SOFTLY MY TEARS WILL FALL,
BUT LIVING LIFE WITH OUT YOU IS THE SADDEST PART OF ALL.
YOU WERE SO VERY SPECIAL,
I LOVED YOU TILL THE END,
I LOST A SPECIAL PERSON,
MY VERY OWN BEST FRIEND .

BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL ,

ASTONIAN ;;;;;;;

good morning rob, top of the morning to you , it,s a grand life if you don,t weaken, thanks for your comment, its true what i have been told by the older generation for years when i was growing up through life , your mom his the best and true friend you will have in life, , no matter how old you may be in life , from 1 year to a 101 years in life when they pass over to the other side of life you truly miss them and makes you reflect on life , i persononly do beleive in recarnation , have you any thoughts on that subject rod, ? ,. best wishes for the day rod and have a nice day , astonian ,;;;;;;;

To be honest I cant say with any great conviction what I believe in? My thoughts change with my mood, and how I'm feeling, I guess thats because I'm still searching, trying to come to terms with her passing. It's never really become any easier..........

SOFTLY MY TEARS WILL FALL,
BUT LIVING LIFE WITH OUT YOU IS THE SADDEST PART OF ALL. :'(

Thank you Astonian. Meant a lot to me since my mom died two years ago yesterday. Can't help thinking how much she would have enjoyed the twins arrival. Life moves on I know but she would have so enjoyed her gt.grandchildren.

Grace she may well live on in her great grandchildren.............when I read this thread earlier I searched for a poem that I sent to a friend whose dad died recently and i cant locate it yet - but it explains that although we lose those most dear - they live on in us and our children - and I really believe its so.

I still have my Mom and shes precious to me - 80 soon - and I cant bear the thought of life without her - your poem says it all Astonian - search deeply and I'm sure you will find the qualities that your Mom had have been passed on to someone else

So true Sue...only yesterday my husband and I remarked on how our daughter Michelle
so much resembles our own Mothers and as she enters this new phase for her life here in Vancouver we will have more of a chance to view these manifestations over the next year or more.

She and her partner Toru have moved back to Vancouver from Tokyo where she spent almost three years and prior to that three years in London and one in Brum. Yesterday was moving day...yeah our basement finally empty of her first apartment things from seven years ago!!! They spent a month with us and now they have their own place. So it was at the sink and around the place generally that we saw "our Mothers" at work. It was quite moving for us. My Mother has been gone for 20 years but I still quote her
sayings and do so many of the things she taught me on a daily basis.

One thing that I have grown to realize over the last month is that things I have said in the past to Michelle about life in general have sunk in seemingly and that's a good thing.
There's a good chance this history will repeat itself.

good morning jenny, i have just been reading your response to my mother , and i think it was a very good comment, its true to life in most case,sthat we do learn from our parents , i look back over my life , and reflect from your comments,regarding the expressions your mom as leart , or you picked up on ,from your mom and it stays with you from the rest of yor life whether it may be proverb,s or morals, it stays with you and thats a good up bringing and then we channel it down the line to our off springs , by telling them the right and wrongs of life, i myself are like you quoting expressions to my kids that i leart from my mom , my mom had a good private education from the age of five, and she taught me from a very early age the right and wrong , and i myself do truly beleive like you history doe,s repeat it self , and my mom was a super star and a super friend just lie yours, take care , astonian ,;;;;

Thanks Astonian. I think we can all relate to this most of the time. Mom's for the most part had a knack at getting the "word" out to us kids and you don't have to be around
a group of people gathered together before you hear references to Mother's wisdom in respect to so many things in life. I always notice this for some reason......guess I can relate!!!

words of wisdom.

if you can,t have the best of every think,then make the best of every think you have.
friends are like stars. we see there light most clearly on the darkest night.
your future lies before you, like a bed of purest snow, be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.
i have known manytroubles,most of them have never happend ,
a child,s soul is like a bank. what you put in , you get back ,
ten years hence, with intrest.
cheerfulness and content are great beautifliers and preservers of youthful looks.
never answer an angry word in kind, its the second word that makes the quarrel.

O0 :king:

THE BURDEN OF LIFE.

here lies an old woman who was always tired.
she lived in a house where no help was hired.
her last words on earth were;
dear friends i,m going where washing aint done, nor sweeping or sewing,
but every thing there is exact to my wishes,
for where they dont eat, there,s no washing dishes.
I,ll be where Athems Will Always Be Ringing,
But Having No Voice I,ll Be Clear Of The Singing.
Don,t Mourn For Me Now,
Don,t Mourn For Me Never, I,m Going To Nothink For Ever And Ever.

best wishes astonian ,;;;;;

thanks you crom for your kind remark again, but i,m nowhere near your standard yet of being a genuios, like your self . i scour the site and look for your topics they are very educational , keep them coming , catch you later. astonian,;;;;;;

Got a stack to post Astonian but need more hours in the day,as long as folk are intrested I will keep posting

cromie, we are all eagerly waiiting for your topics, so knuckule down to it ,and cut our those liquid lunches , you know what i mean ,ha, ha, and i don,t mean the old brews , either, ,hm, hm,. astonian,;;;;;

Mothers do indeed live on in their children, and through them children's children and so it goes on. I say a lot of things my mother used to say and I have heard my daughter repeat things I say. I'm sure my mother got her sayings from her mother and grandmother.
Among her pearls of wisdom were
Don't put new shoes on the table.
Never, never walk under a ladder (I still can't).
Don't put an umbrella up in the house.
Oh boy if you broke a mirror - 7 years bad luck!

I think I've posted this before (counting crows on the fences as we drove through the countryside)
One for sorrow
Two for joy
Three for a letter
Four for a boy
Five for silver
Six for gold
Seven for a story that's never been told.

I can hear her chanting it now. There have been times in my life since mum died that I have felt her presence, so I don't know that I do believe in reincarnation - I used to think it was possible. But from the "feelings" I've had since she died I feel that our loved ones are there somewhere in another form.

Lovely postings :)

the field

the field​
a field with a slight slope in sun light bathed,
A once proud Owner relegated to mere Trespasser ;
One Whom there is none to chide, or even notice
Standing, Still as a statue ,
In this hauntingly lovely uninhabited place.

A field fertile with a crop of memories
Infiltrating and arousing every sense
To the highest peak of fetterd feeling /
Thoughts from the heart flit through the mind
As the sparrows now freely wing,
Through yon tumbled, silent once -loved walls

Tears fall at last, unhindered now , what blessed relief /
Oh let them go, let them flow/
Open the flood gates and , in total abandonment,
grab This rare and heaven -- sent gift of privacy -
Surrender to grief and let it heal ;

Touch that ivy-clad post and fathom (If you can!)
Why this, that in dreams could be so real
should now conversely bear
All the atmosphere and aura of a dream ?

best wishes to you all , ;;;;;

astonian,;;;;

Back