• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

My Great Great Grandmother and the Earl of Dudley

B

brawnr

Hello all,

I'm reasearching my family tree. My great great gran Ann Harvey (formerly Lee, formerly Newey, maiden name Goldstein), lived to the ripe old age of 98 (1844-1942). Here's a picture of her:

View attachment 27526

She spent a lot of her life in Hurst Street and ran a grocery stall in the Market Hall.

I am told by a relative that she appeared in a Birmingham paper (don't know which one) at the time of the Birmingham Blitz.

The picture showed her being carried out on a stretcher, and being helped by the Earl of Dudley. This relative of mine cannot find the cutout so far, and I've never seen the article.

She might still have been working at the Market Hall at the time, although she would be very old at this point. If not it might have been taken near her home in St Andrews Road.

It's a very very long shot but has anyone every come across a photo/article like this?

Back