• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

My grandfather Henry Morris

Chuckyegg

I would love to find out more about my grandfather
Henry Morris. 23286. Pte Royal Warwickshire Regiment. from Birmingham UK
Died 17/04/1917 aged 28 and possibly a photograph

Attachments

• FEA4EC9C-66A9-489F-A6CA-766C311186A9.jpeg
    FEA4EC9C-66A9-489F-A6CA-766C311186A9.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 14
Unfotunately if there's no photo amongst your family, you'll have to be very fortunate for someone else to have one and also know who he is.

I have a photo of my grandfather from the first world war with a group of other soldiers, no idea who any of them are sadly.

Appears to be a slight discepancy with his age, his birth was registered Jun qtr 1891 so he would have been 25/26.

A well travelled family it appears.

Henry's father James Morris was born in Leeds to a Thomas John Morris, who was born in London, and Margaret Tyghe, who was Irish.

His mother Mary Jane Howe was born in Gloucestershire (Clifton) to a John Howe, born Bristol, and Mary Shermer, who was from Gloucestershie as well.

Back