• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My Grand-daughter again !!!

BazzM

master brummie
Once again our Kelsey has come up with a cracker. Lately she is going through the stage of not wanting to go to school (or leave her Mom), (she is only 5), so yesterday her Mom drove her to the school after Kelsey protested that she wasn't going, where they were met by Kelsey's teacher. Straight away Kelsey said to her teacher (you have a choice here, either my Mom stays with me, or I go back home with her), obviously my daughter dis-agreed with her. Aren't kids great ?

They do make you laugh though don't they? And they would get you hung at times!
I remember Sally, my eldest, on watching a young woman walking through the shopping centre in very hippy style dress, saying in that "everyone listen" tone of voice children have," oh mom, you didn't say there was a carnival in town today". It caused a lot of smirking from other shoppers, whilst I was trying to shush her, then she added "well that's what nan would say".
Almost as good as Owen saying very clearly as we walked down New Street past a Rastafarian man, "there's not many white faces here is there mom, they are all like that man" but in his imitation of an ethnic accent. I couldn't get him away quick enough!
Sue

Brilliant Sue. I love it when my kids tell me what my grand-daughters come out with. Theres normally something hilarious.

Story of one of my daughters, on her first shopping trip for my wife, at a local shop. My wife wrote on a slip of paper 1lb old potatoes. May have been down to how my wife wrote it but going into the shop, we were later told, my daughter asked for "11 bold potatoes". Been a standing story in our family for many years now. Will.

Back