• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

Reading through these posts and suddenly I was aware how proud we are of our grandchildren, my eldest Esme was one of the last children born in the 20th Century, almost midnight 31st December 1999 in Guildford, now a third year at Birmingham University studying for a business type degree, I watched a faux advert she had designed as part of her classwork, could have been the real thing, very impressive. Now buying with her partner her apartment in Digbeth, she is/was? a waitress at Pizza Express, Brindley Place and also works one day a week for a PR firm. I have the feeling she will go places. Her brother just had his first year at the Russell group University of Birmingham interrupted by Covid 19, but enjoying every moment of it. I find it strange that they should return to my City of birth. Their cousins consist of twin brothers, one at the University of Swansea doing Maths Business studies and accountancy and the other at Bird in Sidcup doing a drama three years honours degree which covers Song, Dance (Ballet, Tap & Modern) and Acting. Whilst his brother & cousins do two to three hours of tuition a day, he often enjoys 10 hour days, sometimes with minimal breaks and has still had to produce written works (three thousand words) every week. My youngest grandchild 15 year old Ruby, last year was captain of Devon's under fifteen girls county cricket team, plays for two local teams and is a 24 handicap golfer. Sorry to bore you, but yes we can now be proud of our grandchildren, but aren't they lucky with all the chances and opportunities they have got now. Not that I would want to be their parents paying out for all of this extra education.
Be proud of your grandchildren.

Bob
A slight correction, I took my granddaughter Ruby to work with me today, I showed her this post and she corrected me by advising that she recently won a lady's competition and now has a handicap of fourteen, one behind her father. Sorry if it has gone off theme oh and she is captaining the Devon u15 girls again this year
Bob

A slight correction, I took my granddaughter Ruby to work with me today, I showed her this post and she corrected me by advising that she recently won a lady's competition and now has a handicap of fourteen, one behind her father. Sorry if it has gone off theme oh and she is captaining the Devon u15 girls again this year
Bob
Bob,
You should e VERY proud of your grandchildren!!!! We held our breath with our two children both of whom are doing very well. Our son the oldest is managing the merger of two US banks, our daughter is a JD, juries doctor or attorney. It seems like it was only yesterday that they were going of to University let alone graduate school. Our oldest grandson is not quite as old as yours, he has a year to go in high school but as already completed his curriculum and this fall will be taking college classes at a University in Atalanta.
We should all pray for our grandchildren we can only influence and not control. I guess its the engineer in me but my wife says I live in a very black and white world. Its either right or wrong!
Bless you Bob and your family and EVERYONE'S grandchildren, they are our future!

Bob,
You should e VERY proud of your grandchildren!!!! We held our breath with our two children both of whom are doing very well. Our son the oldest is managing the merger of two US banks, our daughter is a JD, juries doctor or attorney. It seems like it was only yesterday that they were going of to University let alone graduate school. Our oldest grandson is not quite as old as yours, he has a year to go in high school but as already completed his curriculum and this fall will be taking college classes at a University in Atalanta.
We should all pray for our grandchildren we can only influence and not control. I guess its the engineer in me but my wife says I live in a very black and white world. Its either right or wrong!
Bless you Bob and your family and EVERYONE'S grandchildren, they are our future!
Wholeheartedly agree with you. Once our children were the future, now it is the turn of our grandchildren.

Bob

I put a realistic robin in my tree once. The cat was at it like a shot., jumped off the settee and straight into the tree tipping the whole lot over. Don’t we just love our pets.

oh we do mort and they deserve it...actually the robin is a family tradition...we always put one on the tree to signify loved family we have lost

actually lynn shadow did get to the very top he was on his way down when the photo was taken :D

lyn

well folks shadow the new edition came just in time to keep james company...mom kim who works in a nursing home came down with covid so we have all had to isolate...she was pretty rough for a few days but much better now...any road up few photos of james and shadow..love the one of shadow trying to get the hang of james tablet :D :D

james and cat 3.jpgjames and cat 2.jpgjames and cat.jpg

thanks folks i dont know where 5 years has gone....james had a lovely day..party in the garden..bouncy castle...the animal man was booked and so was the ice cream man :) :) :) and here he is all too grown up from how he looked on my post 1:rolleyes:

james 5th birthday.jpg

Back