• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

Hi Lynn,
Tempus fusus, does;nt time flyi can rember when you first announced it on the old BHF your first grand child
Arrival its hard to say ten years ago how time flys yes he his a good looking lad as others before as said
Best WIshes as always Alan, Astonian;;;;;;;;;;

tree not finished but james wanted his daddy to fly him to the top of it to put the star on top...he is getting excited now:)

lyn

JAMES WITH STAR.jpgJAMES WITH STAR.jpg

isnt it just jan....hes not yet 2 and half but hes singing christmas songs already

A CHISTMAS MESSAGE FROM JAMES

hello everyone i just wanted to wish all of nannys friends on the forum a very happy christmas and a happy new year:)...yesterday i went to droitwich with mommy and daddy to see santa..we had activities..rides and a lovely present from santas workshop we could pick whatever we wanted from the shelves...i chose a train set :) ...i really loved santa and i did not want to let him go but he said he was very busy and had lots of children to see but that he would come and see me again on christmas eve..i also asked him where his reindeers were and he said "through that door james" i opened the door and there were the reindeers and they were REAL ones:) today i am having christmas dinner at nursery and then nanny is going to take me up to tescos to see santa again.. last sunday i went to the snowdome at tamworth with my other nanny and grandad..all this excitement is too much for me...im only 2 and half:):)

love from james xxx

well folks i know james is my grandson so slightly biased but the photo of him hugging santa bought tears to my eyes...if that does not typify what christmas is all about i dont know what is...lyn

JAMES WITH SANTA 2.jpgJAMES WITH SANTA 3.jpgJAMES WITH SANTA 5.jpgJAMES WITH SANTA 6.jpgJAMES WITH SANTA 7.jpgJAMES WITH SANTA 8.jpgJAMES WITH SANTA 11.jpgJAMES WITH SANTA 12.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Christmas to you too James, your photos have reminded me of happy times with my Grandchildren.
rosie.

My youngest grandchild is now at Manchester University studying to be a doctor, and my youngest great grandchild (a boy) will arrive in February. Making a total of 6 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren with one on the way. Hopefully I will still be around for the arrival of my first great, great grandchild.

james had a surprise visit to thomas land today absolutley loved it..also the zoo as he loves animals

james at thomas land 2.jpgjames at thomas land 3.jpgjames at thomas lane.jpgjeames at thomas land 4.jpg

james taken today at his 2nd session of martial arts his friend roman also joined and were given their special tee shirts...in this day and age and reckon this is a good thing...kim said if he does not like it after a few sessions she will try him again in a year or so but so far so good...james and roman could be taken for brother so just in case james is wearing the hat:)

james at martial arts 2.jpgjames at martial arts 3.jpgjames at martial arts.jpg

Weighing in this morning at about 9.30 a.m. (three weeks early) and at 8 pounds 7 ounces our 6th great grandchild Aaron (the name is still debatable). Looking forward to the next and possibly a great great grandchild before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

Aron.JPG

Last edited:
Congratulations, Phil, really nice. I have nine grandchildren, but the eldest are still at university. I think it will be a while before I see any great grandchildren. :)

Maurice

ahh phil he is gorgeous...good weight for 3 weeks early as well...many congrats to mom dad and all the family...:)

lyn

just a quick update on james folks...was it really 3 years ago since i was present at his birth...now look at him..today was his graduation day for martial arts..he is on his third tee shirt now. from white to a yellow one

lynJAMES GRADUATION 2.jpgJAMES GRADUATION.jpg

Last edited:
What a great way for a child to go. Did a bit of kung fu with my son when he was a teenager ( think it was I could drive us ). That was years ago but still do a few moves waiting on the micro wave etc.

Back