• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

viv evie is a girlie double of james at that age so if she turns out half a good looking as he is she will break a few hearts lol...

alberta i think i will have to get one of those frames that holds a lot of photos as i am running our of space for the individual ones now ...good idea...:)

lyn

just a quick update folks....evie is now nearly 5 months old...the double of big brother james when he was that age....the other night our kim caught him singing evie to sleep while she was in her cot...he adores her.:)

lyn

evie and james may 2022 2.jpgevie and james may 2022.jpgevie may 2022 3.jpg

viv evie is a girlie double of james at that age so if she turns out half a good looking as he is she will break a few hearts lol...

alberta i think i will have to get one of those frames that holds a lot of photos as i am running our of space for the individual ones now ...good idea...:)

lyn
Lyn, get one of those video frames, you can load photos from your computer. I think the amount is almost limitless. We have 5 grandchildren and keeping up was difficult.
Enjoy!

I have just been told by a cousin that he and his wife they are to become grandparents in November. I have told them their lives are in for a seismic shift. I know ours did as they grew up I took them everywhere or perhaps they took me everywhere. Unfortunately they are 29 and 28 now, pity they could not be around 10/11 forever.

Last edited:
hi folks had to share these photos with you all of james and evies christening which took place yesterday...the photos were taken at home before we left for church...i am so very proud of them both and we had a lovely day :)

lyn

christening 12.jpgchristening 13.jpgchristening 14.jpg

Last edited:
Life is full of coincidences. End July 1952 I started work in the offices at Fort Dunlop. End July 2022, my first granddaughter who started work with Greene King earlier this year travelling from Digbeth area to Burton or wherever required day by day, was given her own office......in the old base stores building at Fort Dunlop.
Also heard today my second grandchild got a 2/1 at Birmingham in business management, now job hunting

What a couple of stunners they are Lyn, you must be so proud of them.
Make the most of every minute with them, Daisy and Sonny are now 12 and 9 where did that time go.

What a couple of stunners they are Lyn, you must be so proud of them.
Make the most of every minute with them, Daisy and Sonny are now 12 and 9 where did that time go.
yes alberta so very proud of them...evie is trying her best to crawl now...little live wire she is

lyn

My grandchildren paddling in the stream and making mud pies in the woods this morning. Hope you're all keeping cool too.

Attachments

• mud 10 aug 22.jpg
    mud 10 aug 22.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 16
  • paddle 10 aug 22.jpg
    paddle 10 aug 22.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 17
hard to believe that my little evie was 1 yesterday...just before new year she was taken quite poorly and needed hospital treatment giving us cause for concern...its great to see her fit and well again :) :) :) and she had a lovely soft play party for a few friends...here she is with big brother james and the cake...i would just like to say many thanks to the paramedics and staff at good hope hospital who were wonderful at calming down what was a very stressful situationevies 1st birthday.jpg

lyn

Last edited:
Back