• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My fathers school???

Mayfield

Burbury Brummie
My father was brought-up in Aberdeen Street, Winson Green and would have attended a school local to his home address between 1922 - 1936. Does anyone have any idea which school is local to his address? Mabz

hi keith..if you do find out what school your dad attended go to the winson green to brookfields site....there are lots of class pics taken in the 20s and 30s of most of the schools in that area...your dad could very well be on one of them...its a pity you dont know what infants he attended as you could then at least view those records which would tell you what senior school he moved onto...good luck with your search...

lyn

Thanks Lyn, I am hoping that someone can shed some light on the schools that was in Winson Geen? Mabz

keith go on the winson green to brookfields site..it gives all the schools in the area..of course this really wont help you much as you do need a starting point...lyn

I think the closest school (as I remember) would probably have been Summerfield School which was on Winson Green Road, almost opposite Aberdeen St. (further up towards Dudley Rd.)
Another possibility is Foundry Rd School, which was my primary school. This was farther away from Aberedeen St, but I lived in Blackford St. which was probably closer to Summerfield School. I'm not sure how schools were allocated or selected in the 50's and before.

Back