• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

My email address is being used to send spam

Someone is using your name/address having harvested it from somewhere, Maria, although the message won't be coming from your system; and what can you do? - not a lot!

It's a nuisance but unlikely to be more serious than that. Grin and bear it and it will in all probability die out in a day or two.

Chris

Change your email password. Use a password you dont use anywhere else. It may not stop the spam but it wont do any harm.

Maria Magenta, a whole sway of email accounts (including passwords) from the 'rocketmail.com' domain were hacked at a remote Yahoo server: Yahoo own the rocketmail domain. You have to do a bit more than just change your email account password. SOMEONE, has had access to ALL of your saved email information. So if you purchased items at Amazon for example then they can navigate that site and gain access to your Amazon account and credit/debit details. The same goes for all and any information you had saved in your email account. Change ALL your passwords to all the places you go to or have gone to. Most importantly, create a new email account and regard your old email account as permanently corrupted.Tell all your email contacts (using your new email address) that your old email account is corrupted and to not open any further emails from that old account or better still block that old address.

Maria, there was an article in yesterdays Daily Mail (p26/27) that might be of interest to you concerning your "stolen" email address.
jimbo

Back