• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My Dog and My Cat!

Bluebrummie they are great but do they get on?. Our little dog is so jealous of other animals that get too close to us. He did have two previous homes so that figures. JEAN.

Thank you Rowan, Jean and Jenny. The Dog is my best friend, the cat is boring! lol

We had Holly a year before Rocky and she was great, playful and everything until Rocky came along a year later! He tries to lay with her but she doesn't want to know. :)

Bluebrummie

Wonderful pictures and I understand Rocky being your best friend but please do not say the cat -Holly (will come back to that terminology later) is boring - you are offending cat lovers on this site and no cat is ever boring. Believe me.

Maybe you have allowed her to become bored.

Cats are such wonderful creatures, so exciting given the right stimulation.

You may own a dog but you will never own a cat!!!..

You say that you had Holly first - about a year before Rocky - and Holly was great, playful and everything till you got Rocky - could this mean you are spending all your time and energies on stimulating Rocky and maybe are ignoring Hollys wants and needs.

Don't intend to offend - just purely an observation.

Regards

Bluebrummie

Wonderful pictures and I understand Rocky being your best friend but please do not say the cat -Holly (will come back to that terminology later) is boring - you are offending cat lovers on this site and no cat is ever boring. Believe me.

Maybe you have allowed her to become bored.

Cats are such wonderful creatures, so exciting given the right stimulation.

You may own a dog but you will never own a cat!!!..

You say that you had Holly first - about a year before Rocky - and Holly was great, playful and everything till you got Rocky - could this mean you are spending all your time and energies on stimulating Rocky and maybe are ignoring Hollys wants and needs.

Don't intend to offend - just purely an observation.

Regards

Well I don't ignore Holly, I was joking that's all! She gets as much attention as the Dog does!! :shocked:

What can I say to that.

Just merely an oberservation on what what was posted.

Only you know how much attention you give to each of them.

I had the following e-mail sent to me yesterday and I thought I would share it. It is quite amusing! :biggrin:

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary...

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Diary...

Day 1,893 of my captivity.
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit a hairball on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. .......s.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.'
I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously mentally retarded.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now.

Hi bluebrummie,

Your cat looks very similar to ours. She is 7 years old and called Hannah. The other photo is of our previous cat, Katie who was just 6 when she passed away from severe inflammatory bowel disease last year. She was a gorgeous cat and I still miss her terribly.
I loved your cat and dog diary post. Very funny and very true!

Back