• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My dad

once again i am overwhelmed by the wonderful folk on this forum....from the bottom of our hearts myself..sons john and thomas and daughters kimberley and rachel thank you all for your kind thoughts and messages posted on this thread and also for the emails and private messages i have received...i will get round to replying to them all...also a special thank you to my good friend lynne webb who has kept me grounded over the past week...

thank you all again you are just the best...

lyn xxx

Last edited:
I a sorry to hear about the loss of your dad lyn... my thoughts are with you and the rest of your family

kelly

I am so very sorry Lyn, I can recall when you first posted on this Forum and you took your Dad on a trip tracing his roots to his younger days. Lovely memories of a much loved Dad.

Sorry for being late again, but my sincere condolences to you Lyn. Being a brummie lass, you will be strong and get through this. Your friend, Barry.

I am sorry to hear your sad news and I am sure your Dad is in heaven. He will always be with you in your thoughts and lovely memories. He is not far away from you ever. (( hugs ))

Hi Lyn,
Just read about your sad news. Our condolences to you a your family.
Love from Barbara and Dave.

So sorry to hear about you dear Dad, but think of all the good time that you had with him. AS we use to say "He had a GOOD innings" I know now at my time of life I try to spend as much time ass I can with my Son and Daughter. Hope to ride 80 miles on my bike on June 2 with my daughter and who knows maybe my son will pop in! (he is on a aircraft carrier so fly in I guess) to celebrate my 80th B/day All the best Lyn. John Crump Parker. Colorado USA

Lyn, I am so sorry to read that your dad has passed away. I know how much you loved him and how much you will miss him...my thoughts are with you and your family xx

hi all....just to say thank you all once again for all your lovely words and support ...dads funeral was yesterday afternoon and it was just a lovely service...dad was a sun worshipper and even the weather was kind for his day...hardly any sitting down seats..a great brummie farewell to a great brummie who never lived more than a ten min walk from the street where he was born....thank you again my friends...

lyn..xxx

Lovely to hear from you again Lyn. Glad your Dad had a great send off. Sounds like he was loved by a lot of people. And the weather was great for you. You take care, and look after yourself. Best wishes, Barry.

I am so pleased the day went well for you all. Lots of wonderful memories of a lovely Dad. Best wishes Wend xx

I bet he was a great man and a wonderful Brummie. Glad it all went well Lyn
Charlie x

A very sad Day for you all Lyn, you have some lovely memories of your Dad . So pleased the sun shone for you and it all went well. xx margaret

many thanks again folks..charlie dad was a great man indeed and will never be forgotton by many...

lyn x

Back