• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My Beloved Ben

johnedward

master brummie
This Was My Ben Aged 18 Months He Went To Sleep Two Weeks Ago After Almost 17 Years Of Being The Most Loyal And Faithful Dog Anyone Could Have.
John

The lovely memories you have of Ben will be with you always John, and he will live on in a corner of your heart.

john
my sincere condolences.we know what it's like to lose a loved family pet.keep his photos safe.and frame them.we still miss our patch
bill

loss of your friend

This Was My Ben Aged 18 Months He Went To Sleep Two Weeks Ago After Almost 17 Years Of Being The Most Loyal And Faithful Dog Anyone Could Have.
John

John, I lost one of my beloved dogs last year, I still ache at the thought.
He found in you John a friend , guardian and companion all rolled in one.
I feel your grief and tears sincerely.

Barbara
[FONT=&quot]LEND ME A PUP[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will lend you for a while, a pup, God said,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For you to love him while he lives, and mourn him when he's dead.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Maybe for twelve or fourteen years, or maybe two or three, But will you, 'till I call him back, take care of him for me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He'll bring his charms to gladden you and should his stay be brief, You'll always have his memories as solace for your grief[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return But there are lessons taught below I want this pup to learn.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true, And from the folk that crowd's life's land, well I have chosen you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now will you give him all your love, Nor think the labour vain, Nor hate me when I come to take my pup back again.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I fancied that I heard them say "Dear Lord Thy Will be Done, "For all the joys this pup will bring, the risk of grief we'll run.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love him while we may And for the happiness we've known forever grateful stay.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But should you call him back, much sooner than we've planned, We'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If, by our love, we've managed, your wishes to achieve, In memory of him we loved, to help us while we grieve,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When our faithful friend departs this world of strife, We'll have yet another pup and love him all his life.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Author unknown[/FONT]

John. So sorry to hear about the loss of your Ben. Its especially hard as he was part of your family for such a long time. You will get over it, but it is hard. My best wishes go to you and your family. Barry.

What a lovely strong name you gave your dog and what a strong bond you must have created over the years and how it hurts....

I am so sorry John for your loss!

Thanks

Thanks so much for sharing your Ben with us. What a smashing picture, its tremendous.

My Ben

Thanks Everyone And The Poem Was Superb It Brought Tears To My Eyes.ben Would Be So Happy To Know Of Everyone Thinking Of Him In Brum I Know I Am Thanks Again My Friends
John

Johnedward,just seen your post.Know how you feel.We lost our last dog in 2003 and it still hurts.Only a Mongrel but so wonderful.Always wanted a Black dog.The kennel phoned to say they had a lovely dog would I like to see him.He was as white as Snow with a Brown patch.How could you resist when they lick you all over.Worse still we used to do puppy walking for Guide Dogs.Now that is heartbreaking.They turn up unannounced give you a puppy and put a lead on the dog youve had for 12 months and take him away.

Back