• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Music groups in pubs

Brianbrum

master brummie
I was just scrolling through some articles and seen some mention of Witton Perry Barr etc. Like most lads in the mid to late 60's I was in a 'group' the four of us Keith, Rick, Allen and myself used to play all around the area a lot of times in the Holte pub on a Thursday night ,(67) we probably thought we were "The Move" but it was more like "shift it" we had a lot of fun and met lots of people (mostly female!) happy days

Hi Brian. An interesting subject. I’ve changed the title of your thread, if that’s OK with you, so that others can record their memories. You may not have achieved fame but it must have been great fun at the time. Viv.

Yep that's great ta I dont have a computer or anything like that so I'm a bit slow trying to work things out but your right we had loads of fun and after 5 years although we were quite proficient by then we gave it all up for marriages and kids!

Did your band play at the Crown and Cushion in Perry Barr?
My friend and I used to go there sometimes in the late 60's.

Well Stone me yep that's where we started Rick and me were in the boys brigade dave and another lad can't remember his name started it off they left and Keith and Allan joined when the youth club transferred to ellisons canteen for a while, well I'm speechless fancy being remembered nearly 60 years later

I remember Keith and Rick - wasn't he Canadian? The other person I remember was called Dave I think, this would be back in 64/65 I guess? There was a guy called Mac who used to sing with you sometimes.
I went to the youth club for a year or so, nice crowd of people.
Small world!!

Yep that's right Rick was actually English but his family moved to Canada when he was young they returned when he was about 12 because his dad needed an operation its to my eternal regret that I totally lost contact with them all in about 69/70

Well Stone me yep that's where we started Rick and me were in the boys brigade dave and another lad can't remember his name started it off they left and Keith and Allan joined when the youth club transferred to ellisons canteen for a while, well I'm speechless fancy being remembered nearly 60 years later
well there you go brian...you must be famous if your band is remembered 60 years on :) :) :) ....brilliant keep on posting

lyn

There used to be a band that played at The Swan at Yardley, only Thursdays i think.

Can't remember their name but they played Fleetwood Mac covers and were very good.

Back