• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Murphy Colin John

cba

master brummie
I am looking for a newspaper report of a road accident where my cousin and his friend was killed in November? 1966 in Lichfield area.
My cousin was Colin John murphy aged 18 and his friend was Phillip Hollis aged 17. Another person was injured I think. I vaguely remember it being in the Birmingham Mail and or Sutton News. I do not know how to access these for the information. I would appreciate any help from forum members. Thank you
Carolann

Definitely in the Bham Daily Post, 23 Aug 1966. Also the Lichfield Mercury, 26 Aug and the Burton Observor, 25 Aug.

The person injured was a David Bishop.

All these papers are available on findmypast but you need a subscription. Should be able to see the Daily Post at the Library of Bham.

Last edited:
  • Appreciate
Reactions: cba
The short reports of the Birmingham Daily Post and Lichfield Mercury appear online. The Lichfield Mercury gives a little more info, but is rather sensitive. I don’t think you can add attachments to the private message, so I will send you a summary.

Definitely in the Bham Daily Post, 23 Aug 1966. Also the Lichfield Mercury, 26 Aug and the Burton Observor, 25 Aug.

The person injured was a David Bishop.

All these papers are available on findmypast but you need a subscription. Should be able to see the Daily Post at the Library of Bham.
Thank you so much. I wasn't sure of the month.
The short reports of the Birmingham Daily Post and Lichfield Mercury appear online. The Lichfield Mercury gives a little more info, but is rather sensitive. I don’t think you can add attachments to the private message, so I will send you a summary.
Thank you. I am aware of some of the circumstances thank you for your sensitivity.

Back