• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bird family Bristol Road/Street

Davenport

master brummie
I realise this is a very long shot but I’m wondering if anyone recognises from their family photographs the couple in the top right hand corner of this wedding photograph taken in 1910.
They are known as Mr & Mrs Bird and may have lived on Bristol Road / Street.
They appear to be quite a welll to do couple. Wondering how they relate to my family.
Thank You, D.

Attachments

• BEB3D6A7-532A-4EED-89DA-90FDE03DF523.jpeg
    BEB3D6A7-532A-4EED-89DA-90FDE03DF523.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 42
There are a Frederick Augustus & Mary Emily Bird and they appear to be living on Bristol Road in 1911. He is listed as a Director of Public Companies. He is 64, so might be a little old but he does have at least 4 sons.

Could try the long way. What were the name of your relatives?

Davenport,

I have many BIRDs on my mother's side of the family and they have proved difficult to research because there are so many in Birmingham. Unfortunately I have no BIRD photographs. Those with less common forenames like Horace or Olga have not proved quite so elusive, but the Johns and James I have had to give up on. They certainly don't look to be short of a bob or two. There are 1828 BIRDs in Birmingham on the 1911 Census, so not an easy task, even assuming only those two show up in Bristol Street or Bristol Road.

Maurice :cool:

There are a Frederick Augustus & Mary Emily Bird and they appear to be living on Bristol Road in 1911. He is listed as a Director of Public Companies. He is 64, so might be a little old but he does have at least 4 sons.

Could try the long way. What were the name of your relatives?
Thank you I did check this out. I think that members of the Birds custard family may also have lived nearby.?
It was a Davenport wedding to a Wagstaff who had business connections to Sturge chemicals,Liffford Lane. But as sospiri says they don’t look short of a bob or two. Which aroused my initial interest ,my grt Grandfather, the father of the bride was a car man on the railway.

Back