• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mount Pleasant, Balsall Heath Road

not sure none off them names ring a bell but maybe i may know u but not sure one name come to mind saleem lived on ladypool ave off ladypool rd in balsall heath and a other name was charles helive on ombersley rd off ladypool rd too
late 1967-70 all in highest class in the school MR WELLS (music) classmates Bajan Singh, Antony Yearwood, Tony Webb, Raymond Stait, David Heavens, Terry Quigley, John Trump, Big Adlington Henry, Paul Allen, Carol Burke, Patricia Byrd also others Karl Goodyear , Harlington Edwards, Imtiaz Muhammad. we all mostly played cricket and soccer every break in school yard and matches on pitch out the back of the school

Last edited:
Hi Sheila

I went to Mount Pleasant from 67 to 70 i was in Mr Wells class (the Music Teacher Room 48 ), some name I remember are Paul Smith(I see Paul sometimes his wife is Paula Smith the Councilor for Hall Green ward), Paul Allen, John Crump, Kath Keene, Pat Bird, Carol Burke. The school was demolised a couple of years ago.

Bill
Hi Billbo I started in that class too when we was moved in from Hope Street school, I lived in Lincoln Street locally, was a pain in Mr Wells backside he always kept telling me get my hair cut lol

Hi Sheila

I went to Mount Pleasant from 67 to 70 i was in Mr Wells class (the Music Teacher Room 48 ), some name I remember are Paul Smith(I see Paul sometimes his wife is Paula Smith the Councilor for Hall Green ward), Paul Allen, John Crump, Kath Keene, Pat Bird, Carol Burke. The school was demolised a couple of years ago.

Bill
late 1967-70 all in highest class in the school MR WELLS (music) me Dave Warren classmates Bajan Singh, Antony Yearwood, Tony Webb, Raymond Stait, David Heavens, Terry Quigley, John Trump, Big Adlington Henry, Paul Allen, Carol Burke, Patricia Byrd also others Karl Goodyear , Harlington Edwards, Imtiaz Muhammad. we all mostly played cricket and soccer every break in school yard and matches on pitch out the back of the school

I can report that Sue Fursier is well. I see her most days dog walking.
Hi Mortum,
I was glad to come across news about Sue Fursier, even though these date back from two years ago now . Hope she is still going strong, despite Covid etc.
If you happen to meet Sue again some day soon , would you please be so kind as to convey my best regards to her ?
My name is Anne Truffault. I spent one school year (1968-69) at Mount Pleasant Comprehensive School as a French Assistante and shared a flat with Sue and other teachers at that time.
We ´ve lost touch, but recently I had been trying to find her through Facebook, etc.
I live in Geneva, Switzerland, I use Facebook but no other social network, and
she can contact me by mail at the following address:

I can also send you my phone number in a private message, or you can send me hers if she so agrees.
Thanks for taking the time to read and convey my message to Sue Fursier if you get the opportunity.
Best wishes,
Anne Truffault

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mortum,
I was glad to come across news about Sue Fursier, even though these date back from two years ago now . Hope she is still going strong, despite Covid etc.
If you happen to meet Sue again some day soon , would you please be so kind as to convey my best regards to her ?
My name is Anne Truffault. I spent one school year (1968-69) at Mount Pleasant Comprehensive School as a French Assistante and shared a flat with Sue and other teachers at that time.
We ´ve lost touch, but recently I had been trying to find her through Facebook, etc.
I live in Geneva, Switzerland, I use Facebook but no other social network, and
she can contact me by mail at the following address:

I can also send you my phone number in a private message, or you can send me hers if she so agrees.
Thanks for taking the time to read and convey my message to Sue Fursier if you get the opportunity.
Best wishes,
Anne Truffault
Hi Anne

Yes, I saw here this morning out on the field dog walking. I have printed your message and will give it to her tomorrow.

I have taken the liberty of removing your email address from the public forum because your email address and data could be harvested and used for scams, fraud, and identity theft.

I will let you know how I get on.

Back