• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Motorcycle Shops

Brookfields Lad

master brummie
Where did you buy your motorcycles or spares from?

I can remember the following:

Vale-Onslow............ Stratford Road.

Grays Wellington Road,........... Coventry Road.

Aston Autos............. Aston Road North.

Copes................. Hagley Road.

Shovellbottams.............. Ladypool Road.

Kings Motorcycles............Gosta Green.

Must be lots more from the 60's/70's

re motor cycle bits

hello bob.i got bits from fred hank slade rd.
red house stratford rd.
hiland crow bloomsbury st nechells
later a shop on the meadway kitts green.
jc motor cycles stockfield rd yardley. pete

Bike Shops

I knew as soon as I closed this thread more names would come flooding back. Thanks for your input.

Fred Hanks........... Slade rd. Still there

Red House.......... stratford rd. Can't recall this shop although I think I should. Where about was this shop?

Hiland Crow Bloomsbury st......... Nechells I remember this one, did they have a shop in South Road Erdington also?

J.C motor cycles..................... stockfield rd yardley Still there. Bought a Kawasaki from there 4 years ago now.

re motor bikes

hello,bob yes i think they did.red house was by the flyover.
i bought a bsa starfire from greys when i lived in kingshurst.and by the mountford pub as i was going around the bend the front yoke broke.i spent 2 month in hospital.but it never stoped me.having more bikes pete

bikes and spares

surprised know one mentioned Cole's on the Coventry road,round the corner
as you say from the red house,vales onslow,greys,every bike in guinea,s,c&d auto,s Warwick rd accocks green,greys at a push from lea village to the beggars bush,kings at the Beaufort,that was my main places Sunday morning jobbie,had to be done keeping mainly the speedtwin on the thunderbird on the road. happy days regards dereklcg.

There was one on Dartmouth street but I can't remember the name. It was at the north end. Have to say again the Triumph looks great. Super picture and looks like a duplex frame. The single down tube was a bit whippy.

More Bike Shops?

Coles of Coventry Road of course. Reliant three wheelers.

C & D Autos have now left the Warwick Road and are now based on the Henley Road in Ullenhall

I went to their new premises about a month ago. Still trading in classic bike parts.

Kings.......Didn't they open a SUPERBIKE CENTRE on Bristol St in the 80's?

What was the name of the bike shop in Stirchley?

Didn't they sell three wheelers also.

I still can't picture the Redhouse, I do remember the name, I must be getting old.

How about Peter Taft in Stirchley, he was a trials rider, sold him a 350cc triumph trials bike once for a fiver.............:(....what would it be worth now eh!!

len vale onslow

a fitting tribute to a very nice man who would call a spade a spade,
and the advice was free, he knew what was what.
happy biker days. regards dereklcg.

re motor bikes

rupert.was it county motor cycles.
there was a shop in town by sheepcote st.
dereklcg.yer well.coles i worked there for a bit.they did more on toyotas
and piggies,than bikes.
c+d eirnie made my smile.with is cigar,cough cough cough,can i help you sir,cough cough:D:D

MW, it could have been. Was not a very big place. was on the east side of the street fairly close to the canal.

re motor bikes

hi.did any one buy a bike from that junk shop garetts.stratford rd i had many of good bikes off them,also some old tat.they was handy if you had any thing to get shut of:D:D pete

Motorcycle shop Kings Heath

Does anyone remember the Motorcyle shop in York Road Kings Heath?
It was opposite the Ritz. I want to confirm the name was Kirby. (or not!)

thanks

Back