• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Motorcycle - How To Find My Old One

Gosh, the number of times I have been really hard up and have had to part with my last only valuable possession , which was usually a motorbike.
Funny, I never really felt the same as parting with a car.
I will contact some friends of mine and see if they can help.
I don't know what it is about motorbikes but they DO tend to get under your skin.
Good luck with your quest and I wish you every success, please, please keep us informed.:)
so does the gravel when you drop them:(

Help please! 40 years ago my dad bought a combo (motor bike and sidecar ) a BSA A10 Golden Flash 650cc KBW286 engine no ca108990, we kept her till after dad passed her over to me in leu of a loan ! Being we could strip, replace parts etc, and because i loved driving her! Untill I needed money to help with my wedding, it was 1989 on a November day when the chap came with the trailer to take her away, he promised to bring her round to show us how he'd restored her, to this day i've not seen head or tale. My dad died November and remembering past times I would love to know how and where she is, she will be 57 this year!! being she was first reg in 1956. I know they wouldn't have killed her off!! can some one help me out? Or give me a clue as to how I coud find her? All ideas will be appreciated, thankyou, Terry.
I know I answered this in 2012, but there's an update. Still not taxed since end Jan 1989, but new V5 (log book) issued 2 May 2017, which suggests a change of owner or owner's address.

The bike is on the DVLA database and shows last V5C issued May 2017 so either it was sold or someone moved house, there are a few groups on Facebook where you could post the address etc and see if someone there owns it or knows of it

In 1991 I sold a BSA 500cc B33 motorcycle, which my son and I had spent months and much money converting it into a 'chopper' type bike.

It is still registered as its original 1953 year, and its registration number is
OOC 518.

We sold it to help pay for my sons uni education, and I know it broke his heart to part with it, and I am now trying to trace it with a hope to buy it back and suprise him.

It was sold to a gent close to Olton Boulevard East in Acocks Green, but I cannot remember his name or exact address, and in checking the DVLA website it has never been taxed since sold in 1991, and from memory the new owner was a bit of a collector.

DVLA will not divulge vehicle owners details, unless for legal reasons etc.
so if anyone has any suggestions, or if they have knowledge of it, I would be extremely gratefull, even if we could just see it again.
Have you tried face book sites they have sites for certain bike makes …I went on the triumph site as my dad owned a triumph bike in the 60s

Back