• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mother & Baby Home

Teresatreasure

Hi
I am just wondering if anyone spent time in Norman Road Northfield.The property was called Sunnyside,and was used to home single mums.I beleive it was fun by Fch.org I recently found a leaflet on line documenting their timeline the following is an extract from this
The Mother
and Children’s service transfers to two semi- detached houses in Norman Road, North eld and
is renamed ‘Sunnyside’. After adaptations
and alterations, Sunnyside
has ten bed spaces and is our rst home for mothers
and children
of mixed parentage.
I have recently found out that this is where I stayed with my mum in 1962
I would be really grateful if anyone could help
Many thanks
Teresa

Teresa, I don't think you found out anything from this forum, but did you find out any more from anywhere else? My family lived in Norman Road. My mum was on the commitee which ran Sunnyside and volunteered there. I was 7 in 1962 and would have gone round there to play while my mum did whatever she did! I would love to know what you remember and thought of the place.

Back