• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

MOST AMAZING FOOTAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks i hope i can be forgiven for posting this its not brum not even england but it has to be the most amazing thing i have seen...it just goes to show that all it can take is a little trigger in the brain...the footage taken in the 60s is actually the lady in the video when she was a young dancer..just showed it to my daughter who works in a care home and she was in bits..its so moving and what amazing compassion from her carer

lyn

hi folks i hope i can be forgiven for posting this its not brum not even england but it has to be the most amazing thing i have seen...it just goes to show that all it can take is a little trigger in the brain...the footage taken in the 60s is actually the lady in the video when she was a young dancer..just showed it to my daughter who works in a care home and she was in bits..its so moving and what amazing compassion from her carer

lyn

i saw it this morning on tv very sad...

yes pete it is sad but i see it more as a ray of hope that with luck the families of people who suffer from this awful disease of which i am one (my mom suffered from it and we lost her 11 years ago today) may from time to time catch a glimpse of the person we once knew and to remember that where there is life there is hope

lyn

Last edited:
What a great video. It is amazing how the mind reacts to music. Before lock down my wife and I used to go into several care homes with our Pastor singing many of the old Hymns the older folk sang in their childhood. the response use to amaze us and the care staff. On one occasion one lady who had been in the home for a couple of months and would never get out of her chair, got up and danced all round the room with my wife. We only wish the staff had more time to be able to stimulate such people in their latter days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back