• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Moseley Grammar Secondary School

Sparkhill Boy

master brummie
I am attending the re-union of pupils and staff of Moseley Modern on June 11th before the building is demolished sometime later.
If there is anyone else from the forum attending I would be pleased to meet you at the same time.
It may be more appropriate to pm me rather than occupy forum space.

Hi Graham,

I had the notification too as I went to MGS and am a member of "The Moselians". Sadly, I can't get over until September, by which time it will have gone.

Maurice

Sorry about that Maurice it would have been nice to meet you as we have folowed one another from place to place.

Another time perhaps.

Graham.

Well hopefully I'll be over in Bournemouth around the end September, Graham, so perhaps we could meet up for a drink then. I'll PM you much closer to our leaving date.

Meanwhile, someone on this Forum must have gone to one of the Moseley schools?

Maurice

I'll look forward to your pm Maurice a meet with a drink would be ideal, and yes, we can't be the only two on this forum to attend one of the Moseley schools.

Regards, Graham.

I went to Moseley Grammar School between 1958 and 1965 and am a member of the 'Moseleians'. I now live in Manchester and think it unlikley I can get to the reunion.

I remember my cousin William [Bill] Grieve going to this school from 1957 to 1963 he lived at 664 Stratford Rd opposite the park.

hi there,
yes - we,ve got our tickets - i do hope though that it is better organised than the last one - it was a great evening & we did manage to meet up with some old friends but when you came away & learnt many months later that numerous people were there that you knew but didn,t see it was very sad because i we didn,t think that the opportunity would arise again - at the last reunion everyone was given a small coloured name tag(different colour for each leaving year) however because of the volume of people there it was difficult to get around & although you may spot the colour that was your year you wouldn,t recognise the person after some 45 years sa you were continually having to get close to them to read their badge ! yes it was quite fun although very time consuming & we only had x amount of time,after a while you gave up.a better idea i think would be to still have the badges but also to sign in as you enter & perhaps 30/45mins into the evening one of the organisers/head master get up on stage & read out the register of who is there answered by a "here" or "yes" & a hand in the air - that way if you heard names that you knew at least firstly you would know that they were there & secondly approx whereabouts they were in the hall -
i lived in solihull rd & my friend lived in gladstone rd - we were at m/modern approx 1956-1961

Thank you for your response Swanny. It's interesting to see your comments. As I moved away from Brum soon after leaving school I have never been to a re-union, in fact I hadn't realised there was such an interest as the Moseleians until I joined this forum. I lived in Formans Road and was at the school from 1955-1960, we may have bumped into one another albeit in a different year.
I hope we will meet in June, I will pm my name to you.

Sparkhill Boy.

Hi, I'm trying to locate any class mates and especially Alice (forgotten surname sorry) who attended Moseley Secondary Modern from 1963 until 1968. Our form master was Mr Hales. I remember Eddie Osbourne, Jennifer, Colin, Stephen Wright, Christine and Clare. That's as far as my recall goes. If anyone can fill in the blanks I would be very grateful. Regards to all.

Peter Timbrell

Hi all,

I just received this, but unfortunately I can't be there, but it is open to all:-

Saturday 14th September 13:00 to 16:30
As part of Heritage Open Days we would like to invite you, your family and friends to return to Moseley as once again the school and the Moseleians Association join forces to open Spring Hill College for FREE guided tours.

This is a great opportunity to meet up with old friends and show your family around your old school. No booking required just turn up – All Welcome.
Take The Short Tour - Just the fun bits: tower and baths
Take The Long Tour - The full monty
FREE Souvenir mug for everyone
FREE Guide book
Special Offer Moseley into The Millennium book just £5 (normally £10.95)

Venue Moseley School, Wake Green Road, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 9UU
Parking Via Wake Green Road

Maurice :cool:

Went last year - no freebies then - very good tour although a steep climb up the tower :D There are photos on the forum.

There was another well-attended open day at Spring Hill College aka Moseley Grammar aka Moseley School today .... and no scaffolding or railings around the old building.

230916 Moseley Grammar 1.jpg

Back