• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Moseley Road Baths

Phil
Hopefully that will not happen here with all the support that is being provided. Actually while we were waiting for the last member of the party to arrive we were discussing what happened to Northfield manor house, the boarding up and the "accidental " fire. Apparently the boys that did it are known, and my comment was that I wondered how much they were paid

Moseley Baths present situation from the Iron Room, Birmingham Libraries...

That is good news. When I went on a visit to the baths two years ago, none of the party wetre allowed to enter these baths, and could only view them from a doorway. See below:
DSCN2029A.jpg

Going to MSA across the road, the baths were the place we spent most of our lunches swimming instead. Never took much notice of the building at the time. I do remember the mens side and ladies side..
Dave A

I used to run an adult class there many moons ago and our twins were in a documentary filmed there "My twin and I" when they were seventeen and ended up rescuing one of the other twins who didn't let the crew know they were not good swimmers!!. Good job the lads were lifeguards and acted quickly. That part of course was not aired on the show. Am so pleased they are not demolishing the building.

If I go on a Brumtography photo meet next month, I might be able to get photos in the restored baths. (it's a private Facebook photography group that started last month and I sometimes go on photo meets with them).

My old Primary School used to have it's own swimming pool. When they stopped using that, they took us to Moseley Road Baths from around 1992 to 1994. Had to share the changing cubicles.

By the time I moved on to Secondary School, by then was going to Fox Hollies Leisure Centre (but only in Year 7 and 8 as I recall for the boys from 1994 to 1996).

Going to MSA across the road, the baths were the place we spent most of our lunches swimming instead. Never took much notice of the building at the time. I do remember the mens side and ladies side..
Dave A
Never thought much about the baths myself seemed a very cold dank place not very pleasant of course this was part during the war so that could explain it. Rather play in the courtyard back of the school

Last edited:
The visit yesterday went well. Got a lot of photos to upload. So will put the ones I've got up first. We did get into the larger pool, they had a temporary exhibition in there. And we even went up to the balcony (you can go around the safe edge near the wall).

The way in or out.

To the pools.

Main staircase - closed off - we weren't taken up here.

Women's Bath Rooms. No longer in use.

Door with this sign: Notice: No money or tickets will be exchanged after leaving this window soap tablets 1d each

Bath

Forward coat of arms but damage to the windows.

Way out

Laundry Room with Dryer Racks. This is in the roof.

Steps goes up to above the Header Tank.

Dryer Racks

Outside there is new tiles and windows.

Back