• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Moseley Letter Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went the same route, got of the 11C on Addison Road. Headed up Springfield Road, Billesley Lane and Oxford Road. Until I got to School Road and found it. Then headed up to Wake Green Road and into Moseley Village via Church Road, Woodbridge Road and Alcester Road.

Must be a tight squeeze to get the white van between the post box and the tv box:joy::joy::joy::joy:

There's really no reason why the post box can't be moved a few feet to the side, I had a similar problem with my used car site, a telegraph pole blocking access, BT moved it for free.

I don't think the question is whether the post box could be moved. If it was then they would most likely replace it with a modern version. A pity given the area.
The point was the owner of the house seems to have paved over the (visible on past street views from google) grass verge to create the drive for his new gate.

Last edited:
Birmingham wouldn't exist if in the past go ahead people had waited for planning permission before moving ahead., we'd still be waiting for the first factory to open. :)

Owner of the house in question has applied yet again for retrospective planning permission, as he has on previous occasions.
Here's what the local residents assoc has to say about it:

I write on behalf of the St Agnes Residents Association to OBJECT to this Retrospective Application for the erection of a single storey double garage at the side, with access from School Road.

1) This Application is IDENTICAL to that of 2019/02170/PA, which was Refused. Even the dates on the Form and Drawings are the same (11th & 12th March 2019).

2) These Applicants have now accumulated 14no. Refusals and Enforcement Complaints.

3) The Applicants have given false answers to the following questions on the Planning Application Form: - 4) Start of work, 7) Access alterations, 8) Parking and 12) Ownership (Certificate A).

4) Regarding Ownership, it our understanding that the Applicants have built a wall on land owned by the Council and block paved over the public pavement. A Post Box stands in the way of their proposed access.

5) Since the previous Application, which was Refused on 30th October 2019, the garage has been completed.

6) The Development, by virtue of its size scale and design is a dominant feature, adversely affecting the appearance of the existing dwelling and the character of the area.

We hope that this Application will be Refused and action taken to remove the garage, wall and gates and to reinstate the publicly owned land along the School Road boundary.

Sadly, I have no confidence in our Planning Dept. to make the right decision & turn it down & issue an enforcement notice.

Presumably this objection - and maybe others - are getting wider publicity than just on BHF. If not it should be as far as I can see.

just caught up on your update superdad for which we thank you..i really do hope that planning permission is again refused....i think the council need to firmly put their foot down on this one now:mad:...be grateful if you could keep us informed of any updates...many thanks

lyn

Maybe it is a bit like old rights of way. I hope so.Though even they get moved. But they still have to keep them. Our Post Office like many got relocated inside a shop so they moved the post box to it's new location. Where I used to live they actually built a bigger relocated Post Office but the box remained where it was now outside a Subway Sandwich shop. I say sandwich in my sleeve. I ate one once.

Ok. I cought up with some locals over email they tell me planners will be accepting application?

well if that is true and i guess we must wait to see the old pillar box will be removed... have to say that if this is true i will not be surprised at the outcome and i will be very very angry :mad: but thanks for letting us know what you know so far and could you please keep us updated..many thanks

lyn

Ok. I cought up with some locals over email they tell me planners will be accepting application?

As far as I can tell there has been no decision yet on this application. However, owner submitted revised plans late May - look exactly the same as original plans. both of which are inaccurate and downright misleading.

Would be interested to know where "some locals over email they tell me planners will be accepting application?" got their information from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back