• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Moseley Kings Heath Line

devonjim

master brummie
I note that the names for the three stations seem to have been chosen by the public as Kings Heath (already named), Pineapple Road and Moseley Village.
Nothing too outlandish! Seems the public had a severely limited choice. I had hoped that Pineapple Rd would be called Camp Hill School as it is adjacent to the school and the name would give purpose to the name Camp Hill line.

Terence David Lines

master brummie
Pineapple Rd. Gosh forgot Pineapple Rd existed. I knew it was somewhere between Kings Heath and Stirchley but have had to look at a map to remember where it actually was.

Last edited:

DavidGrain

master brummie
Nothing too outlandish! Seems the public had a severely limited choice. I had hoped that Pineapple Rd would be called Camp Hill School as it is adjacent to the school and the name would give purpose to the name Camp Hill line.
Problems with that suggestion: 1. the station is not at Camp Hill. 2. The schools are called King Edwards not Camp Hill School.

wam

master brummie
The problem with that is that there was a Camp Hill station before and it was in a space that could probably take a station again if the line is successful.

devonjim

master brummie
The station would not be at Camp Hill that's true, but I think of the King Edward's Schools as being in Edgbaston near the university and the schools in Vicarage Rd are the Camp Hill Schools (plural). If the old Camp Hill station were to reopen say when the link to Moor Street is built then a suitable name could be found, say Balsall Heath or Brighton Road.
Problems with that suggestion: 1. the station is not at Camp Hill. 2. The schools are called King Edwards not Camp Hill School.

DavidGrain

master brummie
King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys
King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls
I am sure pupils and alumni of both schools would not like you dispensing with the King Edward bit.

Radiorails

master brummie
Mind you David he has been dead a long while: ;)

DavidGrain

master brummie
Mind you David he has been dead a long while: ;)
Yes but in his short life he founded many schools mainly from the proceeds of confiscation of the money held by the guilds that his father did not get round to doing.

devonjim

master brummie
King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys
King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls
I am sure pupils and alumni of both schools would not like you dispensing with the King Edward bit.
David I'm pretty certain it's not going to happen. But, this alumnus thinks it would have been worth giving consideration to this name for the station.