• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Moseley churches

B

Brian Johnson

does anyone know any other church in Moseley other than St Marys, that have burials in 1874.I have been told my great grandad (Frank Genever)was buried in Moseley church. I have looked in St marys archives but did not find him

Brian, there were two other churches in Mosely Village, but both were built after 1874. St Anne in 1875 and St Agnes in 1884.

Mos, village.jpg
I feel this one may have been posted before but I had a quick look and could not find it so here we are.

Hi Brian,

Not what you asked but may be of interest if you didn't come across it in St Marys Archives. Might be a relative?

Genever, Eliza Harriet buried in St Marys Churchyard on 9/02/1881 Aged 31.

It would seem Eliza might have been his widow. Married in 1867. However there are 2 marriages in 1867 for a Frank Genever one in June to Eliza and one in Dec to a Margaret. Not sure which is the right one!

Back