• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Morris of Water Orton

Moggy200

Hi
My name is Dave Morris , i am researching my family history , although we came from Oxford we had a spell in Water Orton on the way to Birmingham , my grandad was born on the 19th April 1871 in Water Orton he had an older brother George , unfortunatley their dad died around aged about 36 on the 19th June 1872 , his wife remarried to a guy named William Arnold , it seems the lads retained the Morris surname , around 1892 my side of the family moved to Birmingham , Georges side of the family were still in Water Orton on the 1911 cencus , it is this side of the family i am trying to find out about .

If anybody reads this and bells start to ring , it would be nice to hear from you.

Dave.

If you go onto Friends Reunited and look at the local Water Orton school or Parkhall Comp sites, look for the Hodkinson family. There several but note the spelling Hodkinson. Gillian, Mavis, Peter, etc. their parents still live in Watton Lane, Water Orton, or they did up until quite recently and lived there all their lives. They might be able to help

Good luck!

If you go onto Friends Reunited and look at the local Water Orton school or Parkhall Comp sites, look for the Hodkinson family. There several but note the spelling Hodkinson. Gillian, Mavis, Peter, etc. their parents still live in Watton Lane, Water Orton, or they did up until quite recently and lived there all their lives. They might be able to help

Good luck!

Thank You .

Back