• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Morewood & Co

K

KarenM

I have a little metal fish ashtray that was my gr-grandmother's and I was wondering if someone could tell me anything about the Company.

Thanks
Karen

Hi Karen,

Morewood & co where Steel Fabricators, their company was based in Edmund Street, Birmingham, Around the early 1900s, I believe they produced Steel, Iron and Copper ash trays.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Rob. :D

Thanks for the information. She is listed as a press worker and my great-grandfather is listed as a metal roller. I wonder if that's where they worked?

Karen

Morewood & Co’s successors, galvanised iron manufactures
International Exchange Buildings
156 Edmund Street
Birmingham

T. A .Morewood
Telephone number 7,391 Central
25 Companies shared this building

Joseph Latham Morewood
37 Paignton Road
Birmingham
This was taken from the 1915 Kelly’s directory