• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

More canals than Venice

VIEVIEN ;
Thank you very much for down loading the film for us i watched intensely and thoughly enjoyed it and learnt abit more about my history of brum
as steve said there is more of brums history to be got at some of us know alot more in our memories of yester years and place we have not really
gone into i myself knew a fair bit of what was showing in the film but i surpose i am not alone on that people lder than me would have more knowledge as well whom could tell us afew things within the history of brum [ thanks viv;]
and now we can boast about our cannals which i know from one end to another and i think we should give the british water ways a big pat on the back and
a big thank you for investing in our great water ways i noticed all tow pathes had been relayed and the bridges all done up
as a kid i travelled the breath and lengh of the cannals during the time of the horse drawn barge pullers and crossed mant bridges seeing all those in bedded stap marks made by the horses of yester years nd beleive me or not i have some boy hood memories with these big shire horse that used to walk the pathes of the cannals
but any way ; i will not waffle on as i do all i can say is a big thank you viv ; and steve for the making of the film andnow i do know we have more cannals than them
we have 35 miles of water cannals they have got 29 ; ha; sorry venina best wishes for 2014 , astonian;;;

Back