• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Moor Street Station

L

Langstraat

Has anyone any old pictures of Moor Street Station, I've done a seach and can't find any.

I'm putting this thread back on the market-so to speak-with a view to putting up one or two newly discovered photos in the next few days.

Maybe it might lead to solving the mystery about Paternoster Row which runs alongside the station(sort of) from today's new topics.

Sorry, I do not have any old ones of Moor Street but have oooodles of new ones if you want any. I'd love to see more of the old ones too.:)

Thank you Alf I knew I could depend on you 9 months after I posted my request LOL

Dolphie don't worry about posting new ones they'll be old ones one day and be just as treasured by the people who take our place
(see I can be serious........sometimes LOL)

In my film [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI59lKI73y4"]YouTube - W.M.P.T.E Buses Part One in the Late 1970.s and Early 1980.s[/ame] the area around Moor St and St Martins And the Bull Ring is on the film, I shot the film from what was the old Times Furnishers ut comes at the end of the film

Think i've come up trumps here chaps!

By rummaging through the TYPES of trains have come across the service that used to run many years ago(maybe it still does:rolleyes:) between Birmingham Moor Street and Cambridge.

The Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire railway heritage site has a feature:

www.leytransport.i12.com/craven.htm

Colour photos! Bull Ring before the pimple! (Debenhams)
Moor Street before and after the renovations!

:biggrin:

This is the page for Moor Street
https://www.leytransport.i12.com/bms.htm
Although I do like the old Diesel railcar sets, and recently went to the Llangollen Railway to see some preserved ones running.

I like any transport connection with that period,Lloyd. As forumers might know, that when not in UK I work in parts of Africa;or more often in the Caribbean where post-war sets were shipped to when new stock came on-line here.

I'm presently trying to establish a transport and entertainment webring of my own with friends internationally, and will see if I can track(!) some of these items down. Barbados is a good bet I think.:)

hi..just come accross these 3 old pics of moor st station....sorry but i could only save them this size....

astoness:)

Attachments

• moor st goods yard.jpg
    moor st goods yard.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 34
Lyn

I think the middle photo is Moor St, but I am not so sure about the top and bottom one. Don't ask me where they are because I haven't a clue, but I just feel that they don't have a look of Moor St that I remember. I may be very wrong.

Phil

hi phil...oh no not wrong captions again....:rolleyes:

i got these three off the bbc site..a young enthusiast was making his own little video about the station and these three pics were put on as well....

lyn:):):)

I wouldn't like to say for certain about 1 & 2 , but I'm sure 3 isn't Moor St. If you enlarge it shows a bridge (not tunnel) at the end of the platform
Mike

hi

I think Photo 3 may be the SVR at Arley.
Years agi I went there for a Santa Special.
We got off the otherside and walked over that
Bridge to the Santa's Tents. I might be wrong
but thats my guess.

Mike Jenks

Pic no. 1 can't be Moor Street station, because it's a goods yard. There are a few Great Western vans to be seen, but I haven't a clue where the photo was taken. As a nipper I used to look down at Hockley depot, either from upstairs on a passing tram or from All Saints' School, where my gran used to teach. I don't remember there being that amount of spare space in the depot . Everything seemed to be packed all the time.
Peter

The original caption to this picture of children being evacuated during WW2 claims it to be Moor Street.
As regards to original photo 1, there used to be a large goods yard to the right of the station as you looked from the road, with banana storage rooms under part of it. The new road from St Martins towards Lancaster Circus goes through there now.

Back