• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Moor End Lane School

DSCF6520.JPG I took this photo a couple of years ago. Sad to see the old school go, but they did make good use of the ground.

hi Alan
I cannot find "notiications"

Right at the very top of the site, above "Birmingham History Forum" In small print. It will probably say your name "Fentham"
then "Notifications" this will have a number by it if you have a message waiting.Then my profile, settings,log out.
Click on Notifications, scroll down to message inbox or send a new message. Only you and the person you are sending to can read your IM, Instant Message. It's sometimes referred to as a DM Direct Message on other forums. I'll send you another one see if you can sort out a reply.

Here are a couple more photo's from Moor End Lane School. I can only guess as one is circa 1946, the other about 1948/9.
Maybe someone will recognize there face or others in the same class.img177.jpgThis one about 1946.img176 MEL 2.jpg This one about 1948/9

Forgot to mention that the photo's in post #5 were kindly sent to me by Fentham. Thank you Jean, super quality pics form the 40's.

A thought came back to me today, with the local weather forecast, of the great times we used to have on the icy slide in the playground at Moor End Lane school. It was a good 50 yards long, and down hill as well. We used to crouch down and call that a little man slide. It had always disappeared by the lunchtime break, sabotaged by the school caretaker with salt. Happy days, and memories that never die.

Blimey I remember them slides at MELS. I remember one year a teacher, I think it was Mr Lavender driving around the playground in his car to destroy the slides....Spoilsport

My school was Moor End Lane in Erdington...I left in dec of 1953. Anyone know of Paul Garvey , Ian Smith , Roy Lane , Ann Parr ? any photos before it was torn down ?

I went to Moor Endl Lane Junior School in Erdington from 1945 to 1950. Is there anyone who has group photos of that period. I have one for 1946 but I think there are probably more. Miss Hunt was the Headteacher.

My cousin Carol Phillips and her twin sister Pat who has passed away went to Moor End Lane in the late 40's before going to the National School in Erdington.
She doesn't have any photo's but would be interested to see any from that time.Could you please post on here anythat you have?
Thanks
Ann.

Erdington Moor End Lane School Miss Threadgolds Class 1949.jpg Came across this today, it's tagged Miss Threadgold's Class 1949. Other than that I know nothing else about other than it's entirely possible that a member of the forum could be pictured here.

Did anyone attend Moor End lane school between 1970 and 1975 i would be interested in hearing from you . Or anyone who attended that school .
Yes I attended the school in 1970
Mr Francis was my form teacher
I remember mrs Carter
Mr moor Mr Gray mr Jones
Mr Goddard Mrs William's
Mr woodhall mrs Jenkins
I remember Ian woodywiss Tony villa's
Sharon Higgins Angela Bryant Philip nomo
Valerie Demtrio Saranjit birdie
Fred
Did anyone attend Moor End lane school between 1970 and 1975 i would be interested in hearing from you . Or anyone who attended that school .

Brum Kid
Unfortunately some years ago the forum wa shacked, and in the aftermath we lost all the photos. Many have been replaced, but not the ones you refer to. Possibly the original poster will see your message and, if he still has them , will repost

Back