• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Monyhull Hall

J

jake

i used to work with an electrician who was an ardent potholer, i remember him telling me he had permission to go through a tunnel that lead from under the 17th century grammer school in kings norton church grounds, to the white house at sturges chemical works by lifford resevoir,
oliver cromwell
is supposed to have used this tunnel to escape, the problem my friend had was the tunnell was flooded and he would have to wait untill it dried out
to investigate the tunnel which he never managed to do, has anyone else heard about this tunnel

jake

Yeah my Mom worked at Sturges which was in the grounds of Lifford Hall the white house your talking about. I believe that it is not unusual for this tunnel to be flooded and that it may well be blocked up now. There is supposedly a tunnel from Bells Farm Druids Heath that leads to the White House that was formerly Monyhull Hall Hall too.

Back