• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Monometer Furnaces, Whitehouse Street

Simon68

master brummie
Hello everyone,
Simon the token dealer from Suffolk here, with another nice Birmingham token to offer you all.

Monometer Birmingham.....this is an aluminium token from World War One encouraging everyone to “Save Your Tin” in an effort to conserve resources for the war effort.

The company, Monometer Furnaces still exist. Looking at their own history on their website, I can date this to WWI because by the 1920’s they had moved production to The Strand in London, so by WW2 they had no association with Birmingham and therefore would not have put Birmingham on any token produced.

As with all my tokens, it is for sale if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• CB4FAC07-9ADF-4262-8122-496D8CAE5576.jpeg
    CB4FAC07-9ADF-4262-8122-496D8CAE5576.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • E91114DC-C950-4BB4-975D-122524766F34.jpeg
    E91114DC-C950-4BB4-975D-122524766F34.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
thanks simon thats a nice looking token thanks for thinking of us brummies..as always if anyone is interested in this token please contact simon via our private message system

lyn

Thanks Lyn. I will always share my Birmingham tokens with yourselves first before I post it anywhere else. The Birmingham History Forum has first option on any of my Birmingham tokens and as I now have quite a few in stock currently I will put up a list of everything I have so you can all see if there is anything of interest.
Lyn has made purchases from me in the past so hopefully she can vouch for my trustworthiness.

Back