• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mobile phone unlocking

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
I have been having trouble with my 02 phone for some time. I decided to change to another operator but my phone was locked to 02 and a local phone guru wanted £45 to unlock it. I walked away and a young lad ( he looked about 9 yrs old, but was probably in his late teens ) approached me and informed that if I contacted 02, they were obliged to unlock my phone for free !!!.
I went on line to 02 and low and behold my phone was unlocked within 24 hrs and it cost nowt.
Wherever you are young man, thanks I owe you a few sherbets:star:.

Glad you posted that Jim I am getting fed up with Vodafone and was thinking of going back to O2.

jim you could always have lamped it up the wall..that would have unlocked it lol..

seriously though as jean said its nice to see a youngster being helpful...:encouragement:

lyn

I am with Vodaphone Robb and it often drops out [where we live] with no explanation. Soon be dumping them when I change phone.Also loads of complaints about them on forums particularly their poor Customer Service people in Egypt I believe it is. Been trying to get answers for a week with no luck and someone else has been charged £450-00 for a phone he does not have - he has been trying since April to get it sorted and now faces the prospect of Bailiffs. It pays to be careful out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm ok with vodaphone too except we had the opposite in Torcross Devon, my vodaphone didn't pick up but Tonys O2 was ok

Back