• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mobile Phone Query

Maria Magenta

master brummie
I need to find a way of sending a text message from the web, if possible. I've been doing this for ages with my Orange account, but for some reason they're removing the ability to do that at the end of the month.
I find it a lot easier to use my laptop keyboard then to bang the letters into the phone, which is the old-fashioned kind, if it's a longish message. A more sophisticated phone, which would have an actual keyboard, would be too heavy.
Can anyone suggest anything? It doesn't have to be a free service.

Maria

dib44

Born & Bred Brummie
Thanks, that looks very useful.

Maria
I need to find a way of sending a text message from the web, if possible. I've been doing this for ages with my Orange account, but for some reason they're removing the ability to do that at the end of the month.
I find it a lot easier to use my laptop keyboard then to bang the letters into the phone, which is the old-fashioned kind, if it's a longish message. A more sophisticated phone, which would have an actual keyboard, would be too heavy.
Can anyone suggest anything? It doesn't have to be a free service.

Maria
Download whatsapp for your phone, then on your PC download whatsapp for your PC, easy to link the two and you can either send from your phone or PC, very easy to use.