• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

moat street

gingerjon

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN R.I.P.
this as to be one of my favourites old Moat street area the newer one as no life in it

Attachments

• City Moat Street (2).jpg
    City Moat Street (2).jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 7
  • City Moat Street (1).jpg
    City Moat Street (1).jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
John
Second Photo on the left at the bottom of that building was Daniels were I use to work many years ago on far right was the coffee house I had my toast and Bovril at 6 in the morning.
Ist photo shows Drovers Arms pub were I went after work but surely it was Moat Row
Top photo Best I have ever seen

The top photo shows what looks to be market traders, and look at those wonderful carts - I feel a picture coming on.

:angel: More Great pic's of 'TheOld and New' Brum, thanx John.
:smitten:
Go Di I'm sure you'll do it proud. O0

Chris :angel:

Top photo is the spot were the outdoor Brum Market is today next to the Rag Alley

:angel: The top one reminds me of the Hawkers with their brown suit cases, who would pick them up and run when there was a Copper coming. :2funny:

Chris :angel:

Back