• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Missing Williams 1911

acklam19

master brummie
Hi All.
Can you please help me find these missing Williams on the 1911 census.

Ivy Lillian Williams B.1905 B.Ham. She married my uncle Sidney Mole in !926 in B.Ham,(found a Ivy lillian in West Brom but not the right one.)

Charles Jesse Williams B. 1903 B.Ham with father named Jack Williams on his wedding cert. He married Lily Beatrice Florence French in 1934 she was born in 1910 her fathers name is William Henry French ( carter) but I can not find him on the 1911 either.

The final one is Florence Williams but I have no dates whatsoever on her but I can not make up my mind if she is a sister or their Mother.

All the above lived together at 5H 5Ct Pickford St Bordesley at one time or another according to the Electoral rolls so if I can pin them down at last on the 1911 I can hopfully see the relationship to each other.

Sorry about being so long winded, many thanks.

Regards Acklam19.

pjmburns

master brummie
This doesn't help but there is an Ivy Williams born 1905 on the 1911 census as a visitor to Amblecote in Worcestershire. She is with Walter and Eliza Jane Lewis.

There is a Charles listed with John and Lizzie Williams he is down as born 1902, in Atherstone. I tried him as my late Father in Law was always known as Jack but was in fact a John.

Janice

Shera

true brummie
did you see that there is a baptism for lily beatrice florence french on 12 june 1910. parents william and emma . william is listed as rubber worker on the baptism. they were living 14 clifton rd. at the time. i looked on the 1911 and there is a "france" family at clifton road in 1911 but it is george and alice france with two children.

acklam19

master brummie
Hi Both.
Thankyou for your interest you both seem to come up with the same name and places as myself and upon futher checks they have lead me nowhere at all.I am sure that the Clifton Rd is correct with a name like that it has to be but until the 1935 Electoral roll I can find no trace of her not even on the 1911 census. I am now going on Findmypast with the hope of finding something on them.
Thanks again, regards Acklam19.

Shera

true brummie
i tried the findmypast site as well acklam but couldn't find her. she wouldn't appear on elec rolls before 1935 because of her age. very frustrating for you.

smtr

master brummie
Hi

1911 - Court 22, 4 house, Church Lane, Aston
Lily B F FRITH aged 1
Parents William (Iron Caster/Carter? & Emma Williams
Listed with other siblings.
The surname has definitey been written as FRITH but why I cannot say as William as the head of the house has signed the census form (presumably?). I cannot see a birth for a Lilian Beatrice Florence FRITH in 1910 or any other year. Is it possible that this 'Frith' family is the 'French' family?

Suzanne

smtr

master brummie
Hi

Just thought I would add the following to further confuse/help regarding Pickford Street.

5 Court 5 Pickford Street
1920 John & Florence Curley
1922 John & Florence Curley
1925 John & Florence Curley
1927 John, Florence & CHARLES JESSE Curley & Sidney Mole
1930 Florence Williams, Charles Jesse Williams, Sidney & Ivy Lilian Mole and John Curley
1935 Florence, Charles Jesse, Florence Lilian Beatrice Williams & John Curley

Suzanne

acklam19

master brummie
Hi smtr.
Sorry about the late reply but have just come back from holiday.

I thought the Frith name was a winner as I have convinced myself that there must have been a spelling mistake on the 1911 census but alas no.
Regarding the Electrol roll info I have looked at it for some time now and the best I can come up with is as follows,
John Curley is a constant name right up to 1939 or so when he moved to Coventry Road.
I believe that the Florence is really a Williams and may have taken his name to perhaps have the right to live there.
In 1927 Charles Jesse appears but I think he is a Williams also and Sidney Mole is my uncle who is there with his new wife
Ivy Lillian Williams married in 1926.
In 1930 they have become Williams again my uncle Sidney and Ivy are there with John Curley on his own.
In 1935 there is Florence who I have convinced myself is the Mother of the Williams kids,Charles new Wife Florence Lillian Beatrice French married in 1934 and of course the mystery man John Curley.
Its all very confusing to me and I think the answer lies in the 1911 census should I ever find the right family.

Thank you for your help, regards Acklam19