• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Missing Family members - Wheeler / Baker

hi jane could you just confirm the address and who was living there on the 1911 census for lily wheeler please

thanks

lyn

That said, she could have gone to Scotland or Ireland or anywhere on the Continent, or simply become a live-in servant with one of the country houses. Or simply changed her name if she didn't want to be found. There's also the possibility of accidental death or foul play where the identity of the deceased is unknown - much more common than you might imagine, though the the deceased in such cases are overwhelmingly men.

Maurice :cool:

jane in your first post you have not got a death date for florence....is this still the case or have you now found it

lyn

Also going back to your first post, you give Lily's dob as 20 May 1878. Did you get that from her birth certficate?

If so then there's a big coincidence in that according to the 1939 register, Charles Longord Wheeler's wife (Lily Sprigg) was also born on 20 May but one year earlier in 1877.

No, I haven’t got a birth certificate for Lily. This information came from my uncle, so a trusted source. However I was planning to recap my sources, when I find time.

at one point I thought that Charles’ wife was one and the person. But although the date of birth is similar there is no match

I thought it had an "S" for single by Charles and Lily on 1939 reg. However, I can't check as I haven't got my laptop at the moment so am working from memory.

I thought it had an "S" for single by Charles and Lily on 1939 reg. However, I can't check as I haven't got my laptop at the moment so am working from memory.

yes jan charles and lily are both down as single on the 39 register

lyn

Jane mentions in post #53 that Lily is listed as the wife of Charles Longford Wheeler at her death, so perhaps an error maybe?

yes possibly because on the 39 charles is down as a gun worker and i think i have found him on the 1911 census born birmingham living in kent as a boarder occuption gun fitter...married

I also obtained a copy of a death cert for Lily Wheeler in 1952 and this shows her as the wife of Charles Longford Wheeler age 74 - so this would match to the DOB. The informant is stated as W E Davis, Son in Law, but I have no one with that name.

Hi, yes I did get a copy of the 1935 certificate. Unfortunately this was for a different person Lillie Wheeler and Joseph Wheeler

Back