• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Miranda - Hello From An Ex-brummie

Miranda

Brummie babby
Just saying hello. I started life in Oxford, then the family moved first to Alum Rock, then Castle Bromwich and Sutton Coldfield after that. Moved to Walsall in my 20s, then Wolverhampton (twice) before leaving the Midlands for good in the early '90s.

Still have family there and visit regularly and now really enjoy reading the memories of those who still know the area well. It brings a lot back that I'd forgotten!

Thanks, Bernard! I'm really enjoying looking at the pictures from the 60s and 70s - takes me back. How things have changed!

Back