• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Minx Mark 1

mike jenks

master brummie
Hi

By the later 1950's Dad had moved up to
a Minx Mark 1.
Again on Holiday somewhere the Car is
shown with my Sister.
We later had a Mark 3 version.
Real luxury these vehicles for the price
the best cars on the road.

Mike Jenks

Mike I had a Hillman Super Minx I will sort oa photo out!

Just to be a little pedantic, Rootes changed the way they described their cars at that time, in 1949 they introduced their first mono-constructed car which was the mark three Hillman Minx, the first with postwar streamlined style. when they redesigned the range for the 1960s they dropped calling them mark one etc and called the 'Series 1' 'Series 11' 'Series 111' and Series 111A'. So you car's not a Mark 1 it's a Series 1. :). E.

There's a pic here of the mark three:

https://news.webshots.com/photo/1297269081059872198KYcZYF

Mike my first car a Minx around 1964, two tone one was Elephant Grey, when wound up went like a Bomb :)

Sorry the picture is not very good its about 1979 my son was helping me clean it. I loved this car it was a real minter. When I owned it, it was something of a classic. We bought it from my husbands boss, his wife owned it. It was a columb change which was completely new to me. The car certainly could fly.

Back