• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mills Haulage

cecilsloan

Does anyone know about Mills Haulage, Manor Farm Rd., Greet, Warwick Rd., Birmingham?

I got my first HGV driving job there in January 1975. There were Dodge 4 wheelers and a Guy Big J4T, a AEC tractor unit and a DAF unit.

Cecil Sloan

Welcome to the Forum Cecil.

Unable to help as I was working for Shell at Kingsbury at that time as a Hgv mechanic.

Im fairly certain you have some interesting stories to tell as most of my working life was spent around Hgv drivers and mechanics :)

Does anyone know about Mills Haulage, Manor Farm Rd., Greet, Warwick Rd., Birmingham?

I got my first HGV driving job there in January 1975. There were Dodge 4 wheelers and a Guy Big J4T, a AEC tractor unit and a DAF unit.

Cecil Sloan

Hello Cecil. I worked around HGV's and the motor trade for many years in the 60's, 70's and 80's. I once worked at Jones's transport on Ladypool road.

We had a fleet of Leyland boxers and mastiffs. A couple of Guy big J's with Rolls Royce engines and dozens of trailers. What didn't fit in to the yard was parked in Mole street overnight.

Keep your memories coming

Back