• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Miller St who owns the land ?

horsencart

master brummie
Does anyone know who owns the land in Miller St, I refer the former P W Tram department at present used BY NXWM, to store time expired buses and the Driver Training School, I am certain that the land was not? owned by NXWM but had a lease on the land, was/is it owned by a charity? or have I finally lost it? or do NXWM own the land,

For the life of me I cannot remember the book where I got the original information, many thanks

I think that NXWM do now owe the land, because at one stage they were thinking of expanding all of the Miller Street area to move the Perry Barr garage there a couple of years back.....

Part of the land is owned by the King Edward School foundation and was leased to the Corporation to build the tram depot, so te lease might have transferred to NXWM or it may be rented from the City.

Unless anyone knows anything better, I would say that ownership (whether freehold or leasehold) would have been transferred from Birmingham City Council to WMPTE with all the other bus assets. It would then have gone to West Midlands Travel (or Travel West Midlands whichever was their legal name) which is now owned by National Express.

Unless anyone knows anything better, I would say that ownership (whether freehold or leasehold) would have been transferred from Birmingham City Council to WMPTE with all the other bus assets. It would then have gone to West Midlands Travel (or Travel West Midlands whichever was their legal name) which is now owned by National Express.

Yes, but if leased there is still a seperate actual owner. Leases can be transferred but to become the actual title owner the freehold has to be purchased (or otherwise acquired).

Yes, but if leased there is still a seperate actual owner. Leases can be transferred but to become the actual title owner the freehold has to be purchased (or otherwise acquired).

English Land Law recognises only two titles to land: Freehold and Leasehold. For the more technical language refer to The Law of Property Act 1925 S1(1)

Back